Video Card Crash

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Zidios, December 19, 2010.

1. Zidios

Zidios New Member

Randomly while in matches my Screen will freeze and have pink blotches appear, then have my monitor lose input, And then when my monitor comes back on it's forcing a restart on my computer. It doesn't happen every match though, I can sometimes go for 6 or 7 matches without issue. My computer reports that my NVIDIA Graphics Driver stops working. I've updated my drivers and it still keeps crashing. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250.
  2. Lipucd

Lipucd New Member

Sounds more like your Video card's overheating then a game issue outright. You might want to check to ensure it's fan is running 100%, more less it and the heatsink aren't loose in anyway....Thought honestly with stuff like that going on, there's a good chance that the card might end up dying out on you shortly enough.
  3. Zidios

Zidios New Member

It's not that all my fans are clean are are working fine, and I have liquid cooling. This crash never has happened to me before and only happens when I'm playing this game. I played the Tf2 update for a few hours and had no issues.
  4. Lipucd

Lipucd New Member

I've play TF2 as well and notice TF2 draws far less power/causes far less heat on my PC then MNC does. Sad part is that I have a far lower power video card then you, thought then again I'm chances are running in far smaller resolutions as well ( only 1028x768 here ). Honestly thought, if you think that's not the issue, I can't say much more on it. That's pretty much just what I gathered from what you told me.