Victory/Failure End Game Screens/Actions

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by grayfox, January 15, 2013.

1. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

Perhaps the most important part of any conquest or loss!

First off, is there anything already in the works for how this will be handled?

Second off, what do us guys, the backers, hope to see when you win or lose?

When the game actually ends, I'd like all player's attention brought to the final unit/structure downed rather than keep their screens wherever they are. That's followed up with the customary victory screen fading in and hopefully some celebratory action by the units still alive (or at least the ability to emote during the screen).

What follows is what I find more important - the end game stat screen. What do you expect to see? A tally of every single bit of data you can get your hands on? What's put on the main tab, and what's placed in in other sections if you want to look at it? Do you even want a stat board?

Personally, I'd like to see a dramatic stat board that's hybridized with the end game lobby. Fist-pump worthy music blazing at you if you won, and lilting, remorseful music if you lost. Numbers slamming in, racking up unit kill counts, construction, resource allotment, etc. A toggleable feature if you just want the stats displayed ASAP. Colour of numbers separated for players/teams, and being able to re-sort everyone based on "Most/Least" of each type of data. Maybe some graphed activity displays of how things changed throughout the match on back tabs ("Rate of" stuff). What'd be really cool, but possibly hard to detail, would be data on territorial dominance throughout the game. How tides turned purely based on land strength.
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

To be frank, I don't see why this couldn't have been posted in the PAGD forum.

Mike
  3. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

Since I'm prying about if there's anything already in the works, I wasn't certain if it should be placed here or there, as that may be something to not be fully disclosed yet.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

As much stats as possible is nice, but the actual game should come be polished first.
    Also I really want the possibility to first inspect the battlefield without fog of war and only after that I want to open the score-screen. FA did this well.
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

We've been doing that the whole time in PAGD! xD

At this stage I doubt Uber has anything 'set' for Win/Lose/Draw Screens yet with nothing of value to really showcase yet.

Mike
  6. Hydrofoil

Hydrofoil Member

I do hope they use voice overman! (I forget his name Patrick something?) I mean he was a big part of the starting Kickstarter campaign vid we Havant seen much of him at all in subsequent vids
  7. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Yeah, TA/Shirtless VoiceoverMan should give some some comment on how the game ended each time (similar on how the commenters do it in SMNC, but just for when a game is won, not during the game ofc).
  8. Daddie

Daddie Member

I want to see my Commander mooning the losers when I win .. :mrgreen: