New (Game) from the TA(and Co.) Developers

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by supremevoid, December 20, 2012.

1. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

From what I read on the KS (can't watch video yet), it looks quite exciting, and I'm happy to see GPG trying something a bit more bold and interesting. Whereas Supcom was the spiritual successor to TA, Wildman seems like it's the spiritual successor to Dungeon Siege.

However, I don't see anything about DRM free (which I'm sure they'll eventually post up there once questions start rolling in), or Linux support. Those two are required for my participation, so I'll have to hold off until I get clarification.

In any case, while I'm definitely looking forward to PA more, I hope that Wildman turns out well, and that it's something I can support.
  2. totodes

totodes New Member

Not sure how I feel about this yet. I was hoping for a RTS, but as long as GPG and CT are passionate about it I'm sure it's gonna be good.
  3. ledarsi

ledarsi Post Master General

I have nothing but respect for Chris Taylor for TA. However they burned me badly on Supreme Commander 2, and that was drummed up to be a worthy successor to FA. Or at least a similar game.

Wildman does look promising, though. Alright. I'll bite. But you burn me again, CT, and you've used the last of your credit as far as I'm concerned.
  4. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

lol they really do the same rail. I dont know if they do it because they have problems or just think its a better chance to see if people are interested.

link for people, who couldnt got into the website through the emai (like me) https://wildman.gaspowered.com

I will take a look into it.

edit: when i look at the video, i really feel like they cant get out of that "publisher pattern" , telling what they thing why its so great instead of showing what it is and telling what its about.. thats little bit sad, also when i look at the rewards how less they give and you get the t-shirt at 250 .. shows that they want save much of the money. at the risk they write "if they have delays and have no money left -> release date jeopardy" well that doesnt sound so great, but i guess risks always sound bad lol.. anyway, I will look more into i guess a 45$ pledge is possible.

edit2: *troll* they didnt pledge for pa =P

edit3: well i will look at the campaign to its end.. already pledged it just to rage on the comment section lol, i mean talking nonstop how awesome the came will be, but no real information, some times little screencaps.. arg i hate that, i hope they will envolve more during the campaign
  5. paprototype

paprototype Member

Meh, cant even log into the normal gpg forums.
  6. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Very disappointed by wildman..I was really hoping for an epic fantasy RTS to go head to head with Uber's Planetary Annihilation. That way we could have both the greatest ever fantasy RTS (none exist) & hopefully the greatest spiritual successor to TA (Planetary Annihilation). Still hope Kingdoms & Castles is in the works...
  7. zordon

zordon Member

Good luck to them, but I'm not interested in wildman at all. Also wtf has happened to the gpg forums?
  8. SleepWarz

SleepWarz Active Member

Sorry chris, not interested in your PR marketing garbage anymore.

Probably will go the way of KnC, swept under the rug for some silly AOEO.
  9. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Tell me I'm reading too much in to this statement...
    ..that said I'm mildly interested in the game, and may well back it, just gonna wait and see how the pitch evolves over the next month.
  10. stevenside

stevenside Member

I'm just gonna have Wildman in mind until the day it shows gameplay. wont pledge anything. But hey interesting concept.
  11. gunelemental

gunelemental New Member

It looks like Brutal Legend with the "land of metal music" setting replaced by "Wherever Conan the Barbarian lives"
  12. pet0sh

pet0sh New Member

I'm disappointed by the lack of info as well, definitely going to wait until they show something closer to gameplay.
  13. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

14. nightnord

nightnord New Member

Wait a sec. They launched a countdown before announcing KS campaign?! It says a lot...
  15. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I have got to hand it to Chris, he has the charisma needed to sell this game on kick starter.

Seems like they had a couple of tech demos going on there already, so I would hazard a guess that they can pull this game off.

But I think I will wait until investing my money has a better chance of succeeding with kick starter, because you know.....I don't really feel like wasting money if this is never going to happen.
  16. nightnord

nightnord New Member

Well, they will probably make it anyway. But MOBA-RTS-ARPG hybrid is insane enough to easily make it wrong. So, unless there is something more than
  17. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

I like K&C much better, bleh.
  18. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Considering the game type of the forum we're on, I think we'd all have preferred KnC ;p

Mike
  19. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

You know KS doesn't take your money if the campaign doesn't succeed . . .

People here seem a bit pessimistic about this. Too many hurt feelings over Supcom 2, Space Siege, etc? (I suspect some of the issues with those games stemmed from publisher involvement, but what do I know.)

As for the game type, Wildman is probably something they can experiment on more, before they go on to something they really want to do, like a certain RTS. Besides, they just finished working on an RTS right before this.
  20. magicide1

magicide1 Member

I'm willing to give Uber my money based on a nifty Kickstarter video. The passion that the team shows plus the experience they have means it's a reasonable bet that I will enjoy the finished product whatever it ends up being. GPG has burned me a few times now so I won't be buying into Wildman until I see some reviews coming out. CT's enthusiasm aside they don't do an especially good job of saying what exactly the game is going to be like.