Anime/Manga

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Xx Tikki xX, December 11, 2010.

1. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Sorry, couldn't help it.

On-Topic. I just got finished with Fate/Zero. It's like a not crappy Fate/Stay Night. Granted, I only went through the one storyline of Fate/Stay, but I couldn't stand any of the characters.

I'm thinking of trying out Girls Und Panzers
    Moe kawaii ugu~ bullcrap? Most likely(haven't seen it yet, dunno). But I'll be damned if I let anything with a title like that slip by... PANZERS.
  2. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

Hey Arse,

if you want a really stupid but over the top show, watch Upotte.
  3. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

Sword Art Online's 2nd cours seems to be getting overshadowed by the 1st cours.
  4. arseface

Read the description and I already love it.

Kirito became a bit too much of a god from the second arc on.

I've liked everything so far(haven't touched Alicization or a few of the side stories yet), but the first arc was definitely the most defining.

Girls und Panzer seems to be actually pretty decent. The first three episodes are bland, but once they fight other teams things get fun. Episode 5.5 is a recap, so if things continue to maintain "recommended" status then most people will probably be able to jump in there and skip the boring first three episodes.
  5. missionaryposition

Kirito has always been like a God. I'm not usually a fan of superhuman characters who beat the odds easily but man, Kirito's such a badass.

And btw, my favorite show of this season is this. It heavily relies on moe and its characters' charm (you know, K-On! 2.0) so if you're one of the Gaijins who are scared of moe and only want a good storyline, then it's gonna be challenging for you to watch.

It has good storyline though.
  6. youreternalpyro

youreternalpyro New Member

I generally enjoy watching my anime in spurts and therefore end up waiting until after a season completely ends. I generally dislike watching anime weekly as I risk forgetting the current plot by the following week's episode. So yeah I do commonly end up watching things that are old news but hey, I at least make a note to check things out for the future when it's fully released. A friend of mine was watching Persona 4 the Animation week to week, while I simply waited until it was released. I don't mind waiting for a complete conclusion.

Anyway, I started watching Spice and Wolf. Really enjoyable.
  7. Cerilium

Cerilium Active Member

ahh, spice and wolf.

I watched that around 1-2 months ago and enjoyed sitting through it all.

I'm also like you oblivion when it comes to anime, I remember watching angel beats and ichiban ushiro no daimaou when they was both out weekly. (aired pretty much same time as well ;) )

but it feels weird compared to watching them in straight runs, I still loved that month of getting back from school to watch a new episode and another one the next. (think it was thursdays and fridays I watched them)
  8. arseface

Just saw the Madoka Magica movies.

I've never seen a subbed movie in a theater before, it was cool.
  9. missionaryposition

Nothing really has changed.

Well, I knew that coming in but I still bought the tickets just to support the MadoMagi franchise.

Is it a good movie? Yes.
    Is it worth your money? Not at all.

The only good part about the movie is the new OP theme "Ruminasu" and the trailer for the 3rd and final movie

The 3rd one actually has a different story of its own and it's not a repeat of the TV series.

Oh and btw, Sword Art Online sucks!

Stopped watching after EP 15.
  10. arseface

Worth every penny. I even got a poster out of it.

Watching it in a theater added to the experience significantly. And if I were ever to buy copies of the anime it'd probably be in the movie form since they cut very little.

Sword Art Online is awesome. It suffers from munchkin syndrome, but if I can stomach the things Drizzt pulls out his *** then I can stomach the things Kirito pulls. Neither hurt my experience in the slightest.

And the books are better. Episodes 2-7 are in Volume 2 as side stories, skipping them is a plus.
  11. jaysaurous

jaysaurous New Member

if anything i recommend Golden boy as a light 6 episode's of just pure awesomeness.
  12. Cerilium

Cerilium Active Member

Have to agree with Jay on this as he also recommended me to it.

currently watching The cat returns, been a while since I watched this.
  13. hotcakes

hotcakes New Member

Some Ghibli films I remember watching when I was young were Castle in the Sky, Spirited Away and Pom Poko.
  14. Cerilium

Cerilium Active Member

If I ever hear anyone say they haven't heard of Studio Ghibli I see red.

I mean how can people not have heard/watched them.
  15. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

The anticipated 1st EP of Haganai NEXT (season 2) is about to air in 15 minutes...

Staying awake till 1:55 am and going to bed at 2:25 am just for an anime...

Can't do this sh!t on a weekly basis... Not.
  16. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

[​IMG]
  17. arseface

Psycho Pass is pretty awesome.
  18. thetrollingking

thetrollingking New Member

Finished MAR a while ago, loved it a lot, and am now reading the MAR Omega manga because production for the anime was cancelled sadly. Also watching Madoka Magica atm.
  19. hotcakes

hotcakes New Member

20. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member