Thank you for this!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by chrono223, January 9, 2013.

1. chrono223

chrono223 New Member

This might not be the first topic about it but eh I had to say it hehe

My PC gaming experience started with RTS games going back to Dune 2, TA, SC, C&C to mention a few and I am happy that this game will come out in the near futur.

I decided to pre-order the game (I missed the Kickstarter), because I want to support the team any way I can untill Closed Beta.

The other reason is for as long as I can remember I wanted to do a RTS game myself and right now I am studying to be Level Designer in video games, I know it's not the "right" path for it but I am getting experience and a degree that will help me get into a gaming company.

On this, keep up the good work!! Can't wait for more info and the beta!!

Chrono223 (Frank)
  2. golanx

golanx Member

I suggest you get into Modding if you can point to work you have done in a mod you improve your chances to get a job for a developer.
  3. ekulio

ekulio Member

Welcome to the forum Frank!
  4. chrono223

chrono223 New Member

I agree Modding will/would help me greatly, at the moment the degree I am taking is for Level Design only. This semester I have more than just level design though and the teachers here are people that worked in the industry (mainly Ubisoft).

This program or degree will at the very least give me great basics and the rest well is up to me.

Thanks for the advice Golanx!
  5. Pluisjen

Pluisjen Member

Don't forget to make levels! A degree is one thing, but actual experience is worth 10 times more. (I'm hoping you're already busy building levels in your spare time whenever you have any, but if you're not, GET TO IT!)

And good luck :) The games industry is hard to get into, but it's worth it!