The Supports Shotgun

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Xx Tikki xX, December 19, 2010.

1. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

am i the only person that thinks the range on this thing is now huge? it could be lag or something but compared to the 360 version the shotgun range seems massive! is it just me?
  2. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

I don't own a 360, so I can't tell, but I thought the PC's support shotgun was pathetic at anything but point blank, since I couldn't tell at further than 5 feet whether or not I was doing ANY damage to bots, and yet when I face off against a support as a gunner or tank defending my base and he just rushes straight in, I get one-shotted by the damn thing.

As far as I can tell, you may as well just replace the shotgun with a melee weapon. :/
  3. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

yer when i use it is basically a confetti blaster but when they shoot it at me its like a solid slug to my face
  4. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

The ol' 'Confetti Launcher in the Shotgun' trick. That's the 3rd time I've been fooled by it this year!
  5. FriedrichPsitalon

FriedrichPsitalon New Member

I play a stinkload of support on PC and 360; feels the same to me. I have to force-feed someone the barrel to create any real impression with it.
  6. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i seem to be in what im used to be the safe zone and im like phew easy kill then 10 seconds later im shouting how bullshit it is...idk i guess PC is weird for me....
  7. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

Shotgun definitely needs more range. Even if it only does a little amount of damage out of range I would still be happy knowing I actually did damage.
  8. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

the bullets seem to look like they go a lot further then what damage they do, for me at least
  9. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

It's probably a lag illusion.

When you're being hit by it, they're closer to you than you think they are
  10. Lipucd

Lipucd New Member

Honestly even on single player, unless I'm like 2 feet next to something, the Shotgun doesn't seem to deal any kind of damage. a VERY small range gun, but overall it's stronger then the melee attack, just no juice unless it kills. Thankfully weapon switching is rather fast so in crossfire seeing Assassions juicing around just means waiting till one trys to grapple, jump, switch, and shotgun to head.

...Good times when I can pull it off if anything else.
  11. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

if an assassin front grapples you, you got enough time to switch to shotgun and blast her in the face and im fairly sure its a 1 hit kill (im not sure if it is when she has gold armor though)
  12. Cardboardwarior

Cardboardwarior New Member

She'll survive with gold armour.
  13. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

but only 1 shot :)
  14. Lipucd

Lipucd New Member

Yeah, Gold Armor will be able to live the hit, ran into a few a bit ago.
    Thought if rolling gold armor, then your lacking in other areas like overall speed, meaning I'll still get the kill 90% of the time. Thought I guess for me Assassins aren't too hot saying that you can still take damage doing grapples, so if whoever just got grabbed has support, if you don't kill that target, your rather screwed as your chances are already dead before the animation's over.
  15. Alienami

Alienami New Member

I wish the shotgun had a bit more range, I probably just need to play with it more, but the range is a disinsentive to use it with how I generally play.
  16. FriedrichPsitalon

FriedrichPsitalon New Member

Oh, the range on the shotgun isn't conducive to the way I play, either.

....but it's a whole lot less conducive to the other guy's style of play, too! :D :lol:
  17. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I think most of the issue is lag based. PvP. It's all about where the Computer thinks it is, not where it is. Because playing support, I know how far the shotgun reaches (not very) and yet sometimes when running away, I feel I'm at a safe distance, only to have the remaining half of my health be taken away by a shotgun shot that should barely have grazed me.

Point is, it's fine, its the connections.
  18. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

yer im normally playing with around a 200 ping (which is pretty decent in this game) so that changes a lot....
  19. Dubspwns

Dubspwns New Member

The shotgun is fine. It limits the supports range and forces him to use it turret and air strikes.
  20. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i know what the shotgun is like im not saying its OP im just wondering if others thought there might of been a range increase over console but its probably just poor connection on my behalf.