[Workaround] No Sound / 7.1 Surround Bug

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Soltanis, December 18, 2010.

1. Soltanis

Soltanis New Member

Please check to see if you can set your sound card to 5.1 or lower before you use this workaround.

Here is a workaround for the No Sound / 7.1 Surround Sound Bug.

Please check to see if you can set your sound card to use 5.1 or lower speaker setup before you use this workaround.

It requires the installation of a piece of software called Virtual Audio Cable. A little bit of configuration and a bit of patience (See notes below).

*Note: Due to the Trial software, you will hear a computerized voice say This is a trial over and over*

*Note: Due to the nature of the workaround there will be a slight delay in the sound.*

Sorry I do not know any open source/free alternatives.

Virtual Audio Cable ~ http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm

Step by Step - Quick

1) Download, Unpack and Install the Virtual Audio Cable Software.
    2) Load up the Virtual Audio Cable Control Panel.
    3) Check to see if there is a "cable" set. - most likely requires you to do nothing
    4) Go the windows sound settings and set the Virtual Audio Cable as default
    5) Load up Audio Repeater (MME)
    6) In Audio Repeater Set : Wave in -> Virtual Audio Cable
    7) In Audio Repeater Set : Wave out -> Your normal output device.
    8) Click Start.

From here I would test it by making the volume control play the ping sound, or with some music.

If this is working you should now be able to play Monday Night Combat with sound.
    Last edited: December 19, 2010
  2. Lipucd

Lipucd New Member

Posting here to indeed say this fixes this issue, but wishing to add onto it that while it's a bypass on this problem, I do hope a real solution is found soon enough as the .5 second sound delay can get....very unending....
  3. Soltanis

Soltanis New Member

I am sure they will fix it :D
  4. Lipucd

Lipucd New Member

Another problem i found with this fix is that at times the sound will bounce, reverbing all over the place...sometimes it'll fix itself...others...not so much...can go on for many minutes at a time, and just trying to bar ethat sound for 15 seconds can make anyone's eyes and ears bleed.
  5. Soltanis

Soltanis New Member

That is strange, not sure why that would be happening.
  6. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

This is fixed in the next patch. We'd appreciate confirmation that your issue is resolved after the next patch is out. Thanks!
  7. Lipucd

Lipucd New Member

Posting here to report that it is indeed working just fine and dandy, a great improvement overall, thanks a ton for your hard work guys!