Patch 1.6 gig Restart STEAM

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Diii, December 18, 2010.

1. Diii

Diii New Member

Well topic names says it Patch 1.6 gig Restart your steam and download it seems the server browser got fixd also the custom classes bug and prop more :)

Uberent FTW!
  2. PKC

PKC New Member

yeah, FTW if you don't have a DL limit :/
  3. Diii

Diii New Member

7 min for me xD now waiting on more server still cant host crashes wen some 1 joins :S
  4. Needaxeo

Needaxeo New Member

Yeah, this worked for me. The build number is higher, and some stuff on the server browser is fixed.
  5. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

I cleaned out all the generated INI's and started clean, but now for some reason, at some point in the game my controls stop working and then when I die the game crashes. My Steam has uploaded at least 3 crashdumps coming out of this issue. Pre-patch I haven't had any issues like this.

EDIT:
    Luckily I run the game so it generates logs, see attachment. They all seem to be caused by PlayerInput messing something up in the input stack, did you change anything in that lately?

EDIT:
    Another one after joining a running game, event Login failed to give me a (proper?) PlayerController, resulting in a crash:

Code:
    Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
    Warning: Warning, Failed to find object 'Class None.'
    Log: PlayerController class for the pending level is PlayerController
    Log: ########### Finished loading level: 9.865770 seconds
    Log: === Critical error: ===
    Fatal error!

GetOutermost() Address = 0xae6c3f   (filename not found) [in d:\spellen\steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\binaries\win32\mnc.exe]
    GetPluginCount() Address = 0x13fba73  (filename not found) [in d:\spellen\steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\binaries\win32\mnc.exe]
    GetPluginCount() Address = 0x13fc258  (filename not found) [in d:\spellen\steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\binaries\win32\mnc.exe]
    MultiByteToWideChar() Address = 0x74e4f38b (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll]
    Address = 0x4314f6   (filename not found) [in d:\spellen\steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\binaries\win32\mnc.exe]
    Address = 0x578a1f   (filename not found) [in d:\spellen\steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\binaries\win32\mnc.exe]
    Address = 0x569f22   (filename not found) [in d:\spellen\steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\binaries\win32\mnc.exe]
    GetOutermost() Address = 0x5d4cb8   (filename not found) [in d:\spellen\steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\binaries\win32\mnc.exe]
    GetPluginCount() Address = 0x13fc258  (filename not found) [in d:\spellen\steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\binaries\win32\mnc.exe]
    GetPluginCount() Address = 0x13fba73  (filename not found) [in d:\spellen\steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\binaries\win32\mnc.exe]

Attached Files:

6. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

What a nice surprise. I just woke up (3 pm :p) and Steam initiated the download without telling me. Almost done now. A litte notice about the download would have been nice though...
  7. LennardF1989

Another crash with kind of the same signs:
    - Controls stop working, not even the console will open anymore
    - You respawn, but nothing happens
    - Alt+Tab and crash

See attachment.

Attached Files:

8. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I think you're losing connection because the server crashed, and then your game crashes due to being disconnected
  9. LennardF1989

I took my testing a little further and decided to setup a dediacted server and start playing. It seems indeed the server crashes which leads to the client crashing because of the sudden drop of all information, attached is the log generated by the server.

As far as I can see something goes wrong on native level when trying to GC the grenade, I'll need more server-crashes in order to track this down further and see if it's the same that does it all the time.

EDIT:
    Interesting to note is that the server told me 32 players were connected, rather than just 12. Maybe the server doesn't drop old connections correctly. Maybe in this case 24 people tried to connect to the server to see if it was full, causing the server to go nuts.

Attached Files:

10. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Something about grenades? Ban Assault for temporary fix?
  11. Diii

Diii New Member

lol no? like gunner and sniper arent strong rofl

ontopic:

Lennard i got the same if i host a dedi 7 people connect but there all named player
    also wen i host a normal server blitz or cros my game just locks up and need to Restart the game to play.

tried to lock it up @ configs but cant find anything what leads to this lock up.
  12. LennardF1989

Had another 2 server crashes, all right after the server rejects players not signing in with a valid SteamID.
  13. Deman

Deman New Member

The server stuff is really random -.- I mean, you can host :O And you didn't even did anything special. If I host it will let 1 guy join and than freeze on me. If I host by dedicated server than it will let 1 guy join and than it just stops and no one will join anymore.
  14. Kongh0815

Kongh0815 New Member

Crashing now ever 1-2 mins after joining a game.

Patch wasnt perfect. It was laggy to play with some crashes before, but now its terrible. :p
  15. Deman

Deman New Member

Lag hasnt anything to do with the patch... :S
    You had lag previous times because the ping was high I guess. And the servers before the patch did also crash but now it seems that they crash a bit faster.
  16. Kongh0815

Kongh0815 New Member

Sometimes i was able to play 3-4 matches without lag before i crashed.

Ping (it the shown ping is correct) should be 40-90 for me.

Now i play 1-2 mins with lag and the server is crashing, but now it seems all servers are crashing so fast if i check the list after i crashed.
  17. Diii

Diii New Member

game runs 10 times smoother now only the big prop is still in the server host config it freezes locks up doenst load etc etc.
  18. LennardF1989

Another GC crash:
    Code:
    Critical: Error reentered: Assertion failed: !Object->HasAnyFlags(RF_AsyncLoading|RF_Unreachable) [File:c:\ContinuousIntegration\projects\HostileFullBuild\hostile\main\UnrealEngine3\Development\Src\Core\Src\UnObjGC.cpp] [Line: 448]
    HBuff DLC1_SteelPeel.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.HFodderPawnLight2_217.HBuff_7488
    Stack: Address = 0x0        (filename not found) 

Warning: NULL object
    Critical: Error reentered: Crashed during garbage collection. Please undefine CATCH_GC_CRASHES in UnObjGC.cpp to track this down further.
    Log: === Critical error: ===
    SECURE CRT: Invalid parameter detected.
    I had disabled the Assault-class, so it's really something on native level. Maybe Steam is overloading the server with its million of request, or maybe someone at Uber just tripped over the server-code :p Seriously though, something other than assets must be changed in this patch, and mostly in relation to how a server is hosted.

At the moment, the game pretty much went from perfect to not playable at all for me, but that's only in relation to not being able to get a server up for more than 10 minutes, the game itself is still as smooth as ever for me.
    Last edited: December 18, 2010
  19. dustoff

dustoff New Member

getting the same thing here . only seeing 4 or 3 servers and they change all the time
  20. LennardF1989