Most played game in the world

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Kismayaz, December 13, 2012.

1. Kismayaz

Kismayaz Member

http://megagames.com/news/league-le...tm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_33799

I didn't see how old this article was, but reading it definitely brought some insight and thought into how this game got so big. I wonder if Uber can maybe take some tips or implement some ideas to make SMNC grow.

I would absolutely LOVE to get a match in a few seconds with thousands of players online even in the middle of the night with a well-made matchmaking system in place. I know I'm not the only one who would like this, but one can only hope.

What are your thoughts?
  2. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

I still honestly don't see how it's better than DotA, or how either have such raging popularity. Any time I've seen competitive gameplay it looks either immensely stalemated or really stompy, and for all the depth people say it has, I only hear people doing one of a few builds per champ and using the same strategies over and over.
  3. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

The supposed depth comes from the number of champs, not their alleged variety.
  4. kvalheim

Variety... that's a word in LoL?
    And quantity =/= depth.
  5. donut7577

donut7577 Active Member

LoL champs have more variation than most SMNC pros. CG -> Support; Assassin -> Spark
  6. HiipFire

HiipFire Active Member

LoL is, while it's not a faithful succesor to the original DotA is still a great game.

Though the community is retarded and the AD spells aswell.
  7. tehemopenguin

tehemopenguin Moderator Alumni

Because Dota is morbidly confusing to a newcomer and you get yelled at for being bad against Easy bots. :(
  8. roflsaurus

roflsaurus New Member

It's more popular because it is far less demanding in terms of specs (i believe) -- i have a couple of friends playing LoL on computers even less powerful than toasters, like i literally go make a sandwich or take a 3-hour piss or something while I wait for the game to load. It's also simpler in terms of mechanics (no denying or secret shop, for instance), although arguably (probably not) is as deep as DotA in terms of high-level play. And the leveling/unlocking system gives you incentive to keep playing, although that's already being used for SMNC.

If you do watch the professional games of either MOBA, a lot of it can be quite boring and stalematey (especially early game), but a lot of small skirmishes and teamfights can be quite exciting. I don't know if I can name any eSport, or even regular sport, that's 100% entertaining the entire time from a spectator's standpoint.

And really, even SMNC is either hilariously stompy or a stalemate/turtling to level 15. Back and forth games are so hard to come by now a days. :c
  9. jaysaurous

jaysaurous New Member

least it's not cod.
  10. kvalheim

The responses I got on FB for saying it's not the best game in the world are astounding. I mean people get called fanboys on this forum a lot, but doesn'tevencomeclose.
  11. soviet15

soviet15 Member

pvp orientated games, never played LoL myself but I've been playing dota recently and it's great fun. Also that's the same thing with smince, if it isn't a roll it's a stalemate. Hell, that's how it goes for every game.
  12. HiipFire

HiipFire Active Member

The community is just extremely close-minded.
  13. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I hate both LoL and DotA with a passion.

Though I'll hate Dota 2 significantly less once the SDK comes out(after all characters are added and core features are mostly finalized). I'll still hate it, but less.
  14. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

I play on a toaster and have great fun. Season 3 has just started with a few changes to the jungle and items which has shaken things up a bit to keep it fresh. My only complaint is the community... TOXIC!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Also it's updated constantly :D
  15. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Huge exxageration. LoL is not that good of a game, not that well played, not anything revolutionary, and anything.

Minecraft is actually probably the true most played game in the world. When was the last time you saw someone who never played it? Never even heard of it?
  16. donut7577

donut7577 Active Member

Every day.
  17. skullkid239

skullkid239 New Member

^^
    Every group of friends has that one friend that is a minecraft player
    jey word here, one friend