Crash on match end

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Huff, December 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huff

Huff New Member

Hey, I just played a game of crossfire online and the screen froze when our team lost.
    I could still hear sound for a while but when the match ended the game crashed.

I can provide a dxdiag if needed.
    Thanks.
  2. climax

climax New Member

This just happened to me. I just wanted to reassure that it wasn't just him having this problem.
  3. jayesquire

jayesquire New Member

It crashes for me at the end of the match about ninety percent of the time and generally only on the loading screen.
  4. faits

faits New Member

Just had this happen, and felt pretty bad about it since I was hosting. Screen froze as the money ball was crashing, sound continued, then the game crashed.
  5. thrive

thrive New Member

Yeah, I've had this happen both as host, and when connected to someone else.

It happens just as the money ball is exploding. Everything just freezes and I get a "mnc.exe has stopped working" prompt. This is the only type of in-game crash I've experienced so far.
  6. Kyu

Kyu New Member

This happens to me a lot, probably about 70% of the time. The match earnings and highlights are saved, but it doesn't register leaderboard changes when it comes to things like number of rounds for Sudden Death.
  7. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Yeah, I see this a lot, just after the "You Win" message appears
  8. caerusx

caerusx New Member

I've been having similar crashes as well, I see some crash dumps (mdmp format) in the binaries folder. Although I haven't seen any automated system to report them, would it be useful for us to upload them if there indeed isn't such a system?
  9. jaradrabbit

jaradrabbit New Member

I've had 1 similar crash. And still no sound. :/
  10. jayesquire

jayesquire New Member

I've noticed the game tends to crash for me when the money ball asplodes. I've also noticed it hangs when Bulls Eye spawns during game play.

Bulls Eye spawns after the money ball blows, so maybe the crash has something to do with him?
  11. HawkSeraph

HawkSeraph New Member

Exact same for me. And I am happy to see I'm not the only one that has this problem...

and @jayesquire: It never crashed for me when bullseye spawned.. So I dont think thats the reason...
  12. galwinganoon

galwinganoon New Member

I also have this happen about 50% of the time. As others have said, I can provide dxdiag if necessary.
  13. asmodai

asmodai New Member

I think in all the crashes I witnessed of this I never saw Bullseye spawn. Either the ball was still traveling downwards or the rain of coins happened. But never got to the point where the coins settled and Bullseye does his dance.
  14. Swainy

Swainy New Member

Same occurs for me. mnc.exe crash either as the money ball is about to break open or as the coins fly up.
    I get a DEP prompt from windows, but i don't run DEP so it's not like i can add the game as an exception!
  15. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

We think we have this nailed down.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.