Continued support/DLC?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by cazoofoo, August 2, 2010.

1. cazoofoo

cazoofoo New Member

I was just thinking as to whether or not Uber Entertainment was planing to update Monday Night Combat over time, I personally wouldn't mind buying downloadable content as long as it was good as this game already looks to me that it will be a sleeper hit well worth 1200 ms points. A response would be great!

-Cazoofoo
  2. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

I too am wondering about this.

I think this game could be huge and Uber could make some serious money if they supported this game post launch with extra maps, characters, gametypes, or bots.

Even if they don't, though, this game is going to have some serious legs.
  3. cazoofoo

cazoofoo New Member

Agreed, this game has huge potential if Uber play their cards right. It wouldn't be the end of the world though if they didn't it would still be a fun title to play for a few weeks. Although if they did... I'm getting too excited over a game that hasn't even been released yet :mrgreen:
  4. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Last edited: August 2, 2010
  5. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

We have not officially announced anything yet but we're planning on supporting this title as much as we can. Isn't it obvious? We're pretty active on the forums and social media already, would be weird for us not to support the game post-ship.
  6. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

We never should have doubted you! :( Forgive us!

Seriously, though, I have played many a game where post-ship support was promised and nothing ever came of it. Gamers have been burnt before so they usually like to try and squeeze out solid information from the developers to have something to base their faith on.

With Uber, though, I think you guys are solid for the reasons you evidenced. There isn't any reason to think you won't support post-ship other than "gamer baggage" caused by previously lying developers from other games.

We trust you Uber!
  7. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

ObiFett gets it!
  8. cazoofoo

cazoofoo New Member

Ill take that as a... yes?
    Thank you for replying to me oh' great one I am truly blessed from your message from the heavens! Oh yeah and can you tell Azo that hes awesome? I saw a youtube video :)
  9. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

I found this from an interview:

This gave me solid faith in Uber's desire to keep the game supported. That first question and answer are particularly revealing.

Content already planned to be shown in September? Awesome.
  10. Arbita

Arbita New Member

I'm glad they are. To make a analogy, I don't want this game to pull a TF2. If you remeber (or not), The Orange Box (implied: on 360) never recieved any updates the PC version did, and eventually became the realm of the hardcore and late to party gamers. I don't want to see this happen to another great game.
  11. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I certainly dont speak for Uber, but in speaking to them they seem to really care what the fans think of their product. While there has been no formal announcement regarding a PC port, I think it's inevitable. And certainly, if that happens, we can expect the same meticulous care that we've seen during the development of the xbox version.

And bacon.
  12. Oscar Oli

Oscar Oli New Member

Would love to see new game modes, maps and classes. How about a dog in a mecha suit for the 7th class? :p
  13. Banditz

Banditz New Member

Same here. I was so excited for TF2 but then the playerbase slowly deteriorated without DLC. Today it has an average of about only 10 games at a time. My dinosaur comp cant run it, so i got stuck with the 360. They actually seemed to have cared about it for awhile, but then forgot about it i guess. The last post on their blog about it was a year ago, something about it taking so long because of scaling down the massive amount of content to 360 size.
  14. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I think the largest issue with 360 DLC is that Microsoft wants money for for new DLC at a certain point. From what I have heard it is a good deal easier, faster and cheaper to support a game on Steam and Impulse. I'm honestly not surprised that Valve isn't willing to put up with MS crap anymore.

On a side note: I work with a lot of MS software at work, stuff you probably have never heard of. Here are a few things I associate with MS software: slow, instable, unintuitive, useless documentation, expensive, hard to maintain, inflexible, impossible to customize... I could go on for hours. I'm not talking about Windows but their software for professional use. Compare the Internet Explorer to any other browser and you know what I mean.
  15. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Yeah, Valve and Microsoft had a falling out when M$ was going to charge Valve for each class update that they wanted to do. And there is also the size limitations and screening processes that MS have put in place to "ensure the best possible online experience". TF2 has received over 100 various updates over the years and not a cent has been paid by the community. They would have had to charge money for it on XBL just to cover the cost of M$ distributing services.

Anything by MS that has "visual" in the name can be written off as either broken or unnecessary. That, I experience first-hand every day! You company doesn't use Outlook does it?! :shock:
  16. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

I find it annoying that we pay for xbox live and then the players and the developers have to pay for DLC, I'm not even sure what exactly the subscription fee is for because PS3 gets the same DLC for free without any monthly fees.
  17. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

The experience of Xbox Live is far superior to PSN -- but the gap is narrowing.

I'm fairly certain that MS gets a cut of the DLC profit, so thats why they hate having a developer give things away.
  18. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

I am most certain that this is true!

They charge the subscription cuz we pay it. No ones gonna stop paying for it now and it generates hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue a year so I don't think M$ is gonna stop charging it anytime soon. :|
  19. Oscar Oli

Oscar Oli New Member

MS will have to give out free DLC soon. PSN is only getting better and MS will be left in the dust if things dont change.
  20. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

PSN is still generations behind Xbox Live right now...no matter how many buggy patches they continue to apply to it.

Besides, the easiest $4.13 I spend each month is on Xbox Live. People spend more than that on a latte.