DLC ideas

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by mrman165, August 5, 2010.

1. mrman165

mrman165 New Member

If any of you out there have any ideas for mnc... speak out! You never know if it'll be the next DLC. Maybe a new game mode or maybe a 7th class perhaps?
  2. Stroodlez

Stroodlez New Member

They should have an added damage (like base damage not crits) endorsement and it should be some form of a toaster studel, but with nails inside :cool:
  3. Ian

Ian New Member

MOAR BACON
  4. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

New pro is likely. Usually i'm against games that have new gametypes as dlc (*cough* halo wars) but I think it would really work well with MNC.
  5. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

DLC should be to extend the legs of the game. Some of the best ways to extend the legs of MNC, imo:

• 1) New Pros
      2) More options to spend money earned during the game

• a) New Bots
        b) Upgrades for weapons
        c) New Turret Types
        d) Timed Team Bonuses
      3) More options to spend money earned on a meta level

• a) Higher tier Endorsements
        b) Split Endorsements (two x1 instead of one x2)
        c) More Custom Class Slots
      4) More pro-tags
      5) More Arenas (Blitz and Crossfire)
      6) More Blitz challenges

Just the ones I thought of off the top of my head. Any of the above ideas would be great as DLC. They've already said there will be new content shown at PAX Prime in September. So we know its coming. :)
    Last edited: August 5, 2010
  6. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

This plus new maps would be really cool or maby a new game mode, whatever they decide to do.
  7. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

There's problems with things like new pro's as DLC, game patches are limited in size so how would you make the matchmaking work with people who do not have a download dlc of the new pro? whom would take more then 7mb of data space i'm sure. splitting up the matchmaking? would destroy the population.

New maps are always good, make them unique compared to the packed in ones for a fair price.

New sponsors might work, not sure what can be added for that but there must be something.
  8. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Map packs seem to be a standard for most games; however, the devs have expressed several times how they are very conscious of the fact that what they add to the game can split the community. If they get enough people to buy the game, they might not worry about splitting the community since there will be enough to populate each side. New Blitz maps would be ok, but the danger is there for new Crossfire maps. New game modes would cause a definite split, too.

As long as a new class stays in balance with the original classes it shouldn't be a problem. Although, I imagine it'd be tricky to make a class that everyone wants to buy but not want to use that class exclusively because it would ruin the game if everyone played as the same class IMO.

I bet they're gonna have some sort of DLC for new ProTags, Blitz challenges and maps, and maybe a new endorsement category or two (explosion, cheaper upgrading/get more cash for things, etc). Probably not very likely for that last one tho.
  9. Banditz

Banditz New Member

Thats a pretty tall order for a DLC. Like, IMO freakin' skyscraper tall. They might just be able to fit that into two DLCs, but that would split the community even further.

I think it would be really cool if they added a Blitz map with some sort of super bot boss after a set number of rounds, IMO.
  10. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

Oh, :shock: , I'm not saying they should add all of that.

I'm just saying those are all the ideas I could think of. Any one of those would be great DLC.
  11. Stroodlez

Stroodlez New Member

Transformers WFC has dlc characters and people who don't have the dlc still can play with the people who do have it, maybe just an update and you can be able to have everyone still in 1 game
  12. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

I will probably save my ideas for an "Official DLC ideas" thread.
  13. LTGH0ST

LTGH0ST New Member

new maps
    new game modes
    like CTF, TDM, and last man standing.....
  14. Oscar Oli

Oscar Oli New Member

7th class : Dog in a mecha suit.
    Capture the money ball.
    Bacon hunter- Like Halo Reachs headhunter but with BACON!
  15. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

So here's my idea for a DLC change to Blitz:

Hardcore Blitz
    You start off with your main class with all the sponsors you normally do.
    You have less health, the moneyball has less shield/health, your clips are smaller...

AND:

Every 5 or 10 waves, one of your sponsors is cancelled out.

Let's see how far the group gets NOW! /evillaugh
  16. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

I think a set of alternate skins for each class would be awesome! That way we could play as the Pitgirl! :mrgreen:
  17. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Nothing except Free-For-All.
  18. sokoto

sokoto New Member

I like your thinking!
  19. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

I think it should start you with no sponsors, less health and less money ball health.
    Leave the clip size the same though because some classes have low ammo in their clips already.

I would like to play that, It would be fun.
  20. sokoto

sokoto New Member

That would be AWESOME!