paypal problem

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by judob0y, December 6, 2012.

1. judob0y

judob0y New Member

Am i the only one not able to pre-purchase Planetary annihilation with paypal?
  2. earendilmb

earendilmb New Member

No, I can't pay for the game either. The problem has already been reported here (see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41834 ). A bit irritating, although the game is going to be great.
  3. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

We've been looking into this, and as far as we can tell, this appears to be periodic hiccups in PayPal's response, not with our store. But what would be helpful is any information you can all provide - does refreshing 20 mintues later solve the problem? Does switching browsers or doing a rain dance help?

I've gotten a repro on this exactly once in the office - waiting 10 minutes and then refreshing my browser window fixed the problem, so I'm trying to gather more information.

For the record, I've been trying in Chrome, Safari and Firefox, generally. IE as well when I'm on my windows machine. Any info you folks can provide is appreciated.

Thanks - G
  4. judob0y

judob0y New Member

so far i've tried with IE and Firefox and both have the same eternal loading result.
    i've tried for 3 days now with the same results.

i did however notice that in firefox, instead of being 40$, it was 40 euros... which is a steep difference.

i'm on win7, if that changes anything
  5. earendilmb

earendilmb New Member

Finally I managed to buy Combat Edition :D .
    First I tried on Windows 7 (polish, 64 bit) -- Opera, Chrome, Firefox, IE + reloading after some time, even via proxy in USA -- no success.
    Then I tried in OpenSUSE (english, 64 bit), Firefox, no proxy -- and it worked!
    The key difference seems to be system language, however rain dance would be more awesome :p.
  6. judob0y

judob0y New Member

i dont have any spare machine on which to install Suze...

does that mean i have to post an enveloppe full of pennies?
  7. earendilmb

earendilmb New Member

You could try to change you Windows language settings to English, if you use some other language.
  8. judob0y

judob0y New Member

its in french, it doesnt work.
    i tried on my other computer (its on win7, english) doesnt work either.

doesnt seem to be language related on IE
  9. nehallenia

nehallenia Member

Maybe you guys should mail support@uberent.com, they respond pretty quickly, certainly when it's concerning payments for PA ;)
  10. garat

nehallenia,

One of the reasons I asked for feedback here is it's a good place to gather info. I'm doing most of the responses tracking down this issue through support@ anyway. :) The problem is weird enough, and inconsistent enough, I'm trying to determine if there's any similarity in when it's occurring. So far, nada, but more information is better. It's weird that it doesn't seem to be happening with Amazon Payments, since the javascript for both is almost identical.

Love bugs like this. Especially when we're not even sure it's our store that's the problem (Rather than a weird error code being thrown by PayPal). :p

- Garat
  11. judob0y

judob0y New Member

so, tried again a week later and still no luck.
    amazon seems to go ok... but not paypal.

if there's any change made on the paypal button, i'll be happy to give it a try for you.
  12. garat

We found two separate issues yesterday. This should be fixed now. If you're still unable to use PayPal, please post and let me know. Or even better, email at info at uberent dot com

We think we've fixed both cases where this can fail, but there's always a chance there are other scenarios.