Anyone from the Total Annihilation Community?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by kdm, November 2, 2012.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

You shouldn't say that name on a forum with TA fans or somebody will do this.

So now that we have this out of the way... :D

PS: I was rarely seen on TAU and FU but I was moderator and admin on SupComUniverse. Does anybody know what happened to Nexus?
  2. tomcatha

tomcatha New Member

well under_ware caused some drama by guessing the password of geck one of the old administrators(you might now him as annilizard). This made nexus mad and he decided to sell tauniverse and get out of the community
  3. relena

relena New Member

I didn't play online much, did make units though, few dozen I think it was. A few were actually ok even!
  4. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Yeah, I remember that well. When Nexus gave up TAU I had to find a new place for our SupComU community and we merged with InsideSupCom, the German fan site. Was a pretty busy time for us admins but it was worth it. Poor geck, nicest and most helpful forum lizard ever!
  5. pureriffs

pureriffs Member

Yea i first plaed TA in about 1998, did not really play online games then though, we just used to lan up with mates. It kicked every RTS for the following 10 years untill sup com came out. Which IMO was better.
    Strange how al the noobs telling me about tech levels present in TA arnt posting here. ******* tagalongs.
  6. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

Aah, that takes me back.

I played TA after SupCom incidentally; I was too young for it at the time. Brilliant game.

What? Maybe you should consider actually thinking while posting?
  7. Cerilium

Cerilium Active Member

Can't say I was ever part of the community but have had the game for a loooong time and still have it on CD.

Man I love TA.
  8. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

:C

Gonna read that, looks interesting.

I'm sad that I never got to play at TA, it just wasn't anywhere avaiable.
  9. tomcatha

tomcatha New Member

geck mostly found it funny. Then there was ofcourse zwzsg who believed geck gave him the password. Yes we have a conspiracy based on it too!
  10. pureriffs

pureriffs Member

Well its true.
  11. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

Doesn't matter. There's no need for you to bring up irrelevant stuff that has no relation to the thread and makes you look bad.
  12. pureriffs

pureriffs Member

Still proves my point.
  13. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

We don't have to prove anything to you.

TA player for about 14 years now, mostly single player stuff.
  14. pet0sh

pet0sh New Member

I'm amazed at how popular and well-known TA continues to be, and how bits and pieces of its fanbase always reconnect from game to game.

I started off with TA:K actually, then moved to TA and eventually found myself moderating SupComU with Col. Jessep, who I see is already running things here! :)
  15. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

Hey Pet0sh! Great to see another SupComU member! I was polarstar, in case you remember.
  16. pureriffs

pureriffs Member

Mostly single player stuff.[/quote]

Would never have guessed ;)
  17. Pluisjen

Pluisjen Member

Just goes to show that videogame elitism is of all ages :p

As for me; not a part of the Total Annihilation community. I was 12 back then and we didn't have internet. But still loved the game and played it a lot :)
  18. pureriffs

pureriffs Member

Yea I was about 15 then, did not really do the online gaming. That competitive side came later in life lol. I had the net then on a 56k modem. No streaming in them days lol,

These days the net is so popular everyone is on it and even my fibrotic connection suffers from traffic shaping :(
  19. Ertwyu

Ertwyu New Member

Wow, I remember pet0sh! That's a name I haven't seen in foreverrrr.
  20. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest