Names for systems

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by warshark9386, November 30, 2012.

1. warshark9386

warshark9386 New Member

When will we find out if our names we picked will be in the game? Also will there be a email with our chosen names in it? The game doesn't come out till late next year and I know I will forget my names if I haven't already.
  2. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

They invented this thing called "Sticky paper". It can remember things for years.
  3. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Or just use a notepad.exe because this is the 21'st century.
  4. thapear

thapear Member

Or just send yourself the e-mail!
  5. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

We have a winner! :lol:
  6. Consili

Consili Member

It would be nice to know if first/second/both choices of planet names were used. I am sure we will know when it has been decided, it strikes me that they are working in other areas at the moment, getting the procedural planet generation completed before they think about looking through all the names and selecting the appropriate ones.
  7. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

If we're given randomly generated maps, I don't see why all suggested names that are appropriate for use can't be used.

And if you did send it as an email, check your sentbox?
  8. warshark9386

warshark9386 New Member

I didn't send it as an email. I did it through the uber store. I didn't use a sticky note when I submit my order. I know dumb move, but I was wondering if there was a fail safe for people like me who didn't put the names down someone.
  9. svip

svip Member

The suggested names are saved in a database. Unless the database explodes, they will remember your names.

They haven't gotten around to sending out information on the names, because not everyone has finalised their pledge yet. In addition, names for planets is probably not that high a priority right now.