What Was Your Very First Game?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by XxXMullin13XxX, August 3, 2010.

1. XxXMullin13XxX

XxXMullin13XxX New Member

I got my first game for a PS2 it was a futaristic racing game called wipeout something it was so funny and cool and it even had power ups like missiles and quake and boost it was very cool and the cars were awsome
  2. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Barnstormer, Atari 2600.
  3. Sengoku no Maou

Sengoku no Maou New Member

Super Mario Bros. 3 for NES.
  4. AAA

AAA New Member

Super Mario Bros - NES
  5. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Star Gladiator a PS1 Game
  6. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

God I feel old. I remember playing Pong.
  7. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I certainly played arcade games before we had a home console. We did end up with one of those radio shack pong console things first I think. I played a ton of 2600 games and then moved onto the NES. Super Mario Bros. is still my number one fav game of all time.
  8. Brian And3rson

Brian And3rson New Member

same here :D
  9. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

I'm not sure I could say what my first video game was. I remember a time before video games had entered my life, and a time after. I went from Lincoln Logs, Legos, Darda Demons, and train sets to a playing arcade games, Apple 2, NES, and Commodore 64, not necessarily in that order. The biggest problem I think I have is I played a lot of older consoles, but not in an order at all related to their release. I do remember playing Oregon Trail and Pole Position on our Apple 2, so Oregon Trail is probably the first video game I ever played at home.

Really though, my love affair with gaming started in 1989 with the NES Action Set which came with Super Mario Brothers / Duck Hunt dual cart, two controllers, and the light gun. My sister and I played Mario Bros. co-op, trading the controller back and forth after dying ... or after a death or two when the other would wrestle the controller away from the other.
  10. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

My first own gaming rig: Amiga 500. I'm not really sure what my first game was but I fondly remember playing Ports of Call, Black Gold and Pirates! I abandoned the Amiga for my first PC (486 DX2, 50 MHz) and haven't owned anything but PCs till then. I recently played the remake of Pirates! again and imo it's still a great game after all this time!
  11. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

This game was HARD. I rented it and finished it over a weekend but it almost made me cry ;)
  12. cazoofoo

cazoofoo New Member

Sonic The Hedgehog for NES, not sure which but it was one of them I was just too young to remember :/
  13. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Sonic on the NES?! Mind == Blown!

Sonic is Sega's official mascot, just as Mario is Nintendo's. There was no Sonic game on the NES. The first Sonic game for a Nintendo system was Sonic Adventures for the Gamecube in 2003, 4 years after the game originally came out on the Sega Dreamcast, the last Sega console.
  14. Brian And3rson

Brian And3rson New Member

yea i think he meant the sega genesis :lol: its cool though we know what you meant
  15. MrMusikal

MrMusikal New Member

Unreal Tournament.

Yeah. That.
  16. nyx

nyx Moderator Alumni

I remember pong with my step brothers, but I was fairly young. I remember them playing some old Dungeons and Dragons game too, they wouldn't let me play it. I would say the one that made the biggest impact on me was getting my Game Boy, yes the original, right after they came out. That thing was my best friend. I would play Super Mario Land for hours and hours. I never got many games but the ones I did have I played the crap out of. Every couple of years I would get a new system, Genesis, N64, PS2, and on. I guess it's just in me blood.

We also had an Apple and I played a lot of Oregon Trail.
  17. cazoofoo

cazoofoo New Member

Thaaaat was it! Sorry I was tired and I was only a wee little one when I had one of them... So I couldnt quit remember, but now I do, I even the remember blowing those little cartridges and the white case's... good times... good times...
  18. Oscar Oli

Oscar Oli New Member

Super Mario Land 2 - 6 golden coins- Gamboy. Epic game. Best Mario game to me.
  19. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

GREAT game! My favorite mario game is Mario64. I poured sooo many hours into that game!

My very first game? Hmmmm....it had to be on the NES but I don't know which exactly was the first game to be played. I remember getting in trouble for swearing for the first time while playing Back to the Future on NES if that counts. :)
  20. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

I find it interesting that when it comes to the main Mario games it's easier to name the ones that weren't fantastic instead of the ones that were.

Even then, you're listing games like Super Mario Sunshine that still has a metacritic score of 92, or Super Mario 64 DS with an 85 because of the touch screen control (I play using only the d-pad).