How are the forums regulated?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Vetr, November 9, 2012.

1. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

But spawn camping actually is a non-issue. People being dicks is a non-issue and only unorganized bads can get spawn camped.
  2. Vetr

Vetr Member

Well, here is my example of a mod locking something claiming it to be nonissue.

http://forums.uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=40283&hilit=spawn camping&start=10

Unfortunately, if spawn camping was not an issue, it would not have been brought up later in the Team Work is OP discussion.

Or in the counter push vendors discussion proposed by GF.

Fact is, sapwn camping is an issue that was discussed later. Yet mimneotic locked that one for no reason. Abuse of power. If it really was non issue it would not be brought up so many times.

Edit: to infinity...lol...everyone gets spawned camped at some point. Unorganized bads get it more often and they have 0 chance when it happens.
    Last edited: November 9, 2012
  3. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Frequency of posts regarding a subject does not constitute validity of the subject at hand.
  4. Vetr

Vetr Member

No, but frequency of posts regarding a topic which is questioned under terms of counter strategies etc is definitely valid.

If everything about spawn camping is locked. there is nothing anyone can say about it to help or prevent it. Now that aprticular one was a "sigh this happened again" fact is because of the lock there wasn't time for a significant conversation to form. I personally would love to hear how people suggest countering spawn camping. Not ending up in the position really isn't a valid description.
  5. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Not ending up in the situation is the ideal way of preventing it though.
  6. Raijinken

Raijinken Active Member

I wouldn't think people would think a non-issue is an issue. Particularly in this case, where it's a topic that has remained in constant debate across a wide number of games for a wide number of platforms. I would think that enough to make something an issue. Maybe not to discuss every week or so, but worth discussion as we get new participants.
  7. realwar

realwar Member

Do you know any other MOBA that has cheesing, creep camping, or spawn camping? No. That's why SMNC failed.

lol.

JK
  8. Vetr

Vetr Member

From the sniper who only plays 5 mans...yes that is the ideal way. Would you please in another thread in which it is relevant explain different ways and ideas of how to prevent ending up in such position? I personally aren't itnerested in starting an argument about it here.
  9. Raijinken

Raijinken Active Member

I see it happen often enough in DotA2 for what little I play of it, and it's gotta be as miserable an experience there when it's hard to have fun to begin with.
  10. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

I can't really speak for the mods, as in, I don't know the real reason he locked it, but look at the majority of locked threads.
  11. Raijinken

Raijinken Active Member

Most seem to be locked for some good enough reason, but I feel like that should be conveyed. Clears up ambiguity and helps keep repeat issues down if people know why stuff's being locked.
  12. jbeetle

You mean rather than saying nothing or saying something that is besides the point? Sure, that's preferable, but I can see how constantly locking the same old threads for the same old reasons can wear someone down.
  13. Raijinken

Raijinken Active Member

I'd like to think it's part of the job, and if it can't be done, then stop with the job.

People don't fire people and say "Just because" without getting sued, normally. (closest analogy I could think of)
  14. jbeetle

I like to think of it as doing a desk job without a smile on.