Assassin or Sniper?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Bambam Bm, December 13, 2010.

?

Which would you rather play against?

1. Sniper

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Assassin

21 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

On the opposing team, would you rather there be an Assassin or Sniper on it?
  2. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

assassins are easy money for me :D
  3. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Sniper. A good Assassin can do MUCH more damage than a good Sniper in my opinion.
  4. sxd24

sxd24 Member

Depends. Like Billy said, good Assassins do a lot more damage than good snipers, but on the same token, bad snipers do a lot more damage than bad Assassins.

I get paired up against pubs more often than not, so I voted Assassin, because Tank Charge 3 and my Shotty gets rid of most of them real fast. ;)
  5. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

Assassin. Snipers just stay back destroying turrets and if you go up they goto the other side of the base. Assassin actually have to do work and risk something to get to my turrets.
  6. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

Assassins actually brave the battlefield, Snipers do not, they sit back and never put themselves in danger, how can anyone consider themselves good with that approach in a game?
  7. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

QFT. This here is the baseline for MNC tier list mechanics. Certain classes do much more damage in the hands of a pro, and other classes can do plenty of damage even in a beginner's hands. I vote Assassin. It's no contest. A bad Assassin is, at worst, a minor nuisance, and free money at best.

:roll:
  8. cq217

cq217 Member

unless the im consentrating on something else the assassin is already dead
    most of the time it is the latter
  9. Nayr

Nayr New Member

I'm gonna say sniper because I rarely ever see a good sniper and because I play as an assassin the most annoying class to me and the only reason I ever die is because of other assassins running armor x3. The assassin v assassin battle is so dumb and random, it comes down to who has armor x3 and who can get lucky and hit LT first which is also dependent on host. Front grapples are pointless cause you can just get grappled back, and without armor x3 you're fucked. So yeah, sniper any day. Easy to get away from and their only real threat are random traps and their grapple(which is easy to avoid).
  10. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

When i play as a Gunner i absolutely hate Snipers, theres nothing worse than someone sitting in one spot racking up kills thinking they're pro because of it when it takes no skill to do that whatsoever.

When i play as an Assassin they are no problem for me.

Playing as either Assassins are much easier to deal with, Snipers never put themselves in danger, so they should never be considered 'good' (unless you are an offensive Sniper).
  11. HI IM SNARF

HI IM SNARF New Member

Why would you EVER run assassin without Gold armor? That's just stupid. It's like playing kick in the nuts with steel toe boots and no cup.
  12. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

AZAZNZ,AZAZNZ FEAR ME.
  13. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

I have the most fun when there are no other Assassins on the other team, simply because that means that I won't have to watch my back.

Even the worst of Assassins can catch anyone off guard, and it's not hard to kill things with a backstab.

At the same time, though, I can't tell you how many times I've seen the SAME Assassin (in a case) charge headfirst, uncloaked, and with no backup into a base full of Rockit Turrets, armed only with a dagger.

If that's the case, I usually leave them alone and let them kill themselves. A target is no fun if they're stupid.
  14. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

The random dagger facestab gives me nightmares.
  15. ForeverZero

ForeverZero New Member

Same skill level? Assassin. I would rather just get stabbed in the back and get it over with than the repeated "sniper dance" every time one of us re-spawns.

Assassin encounters are quick and decisive. The fight is usually over in the first 5 seconds, with sniper duals? The fight can go on for 30+ seconds before someone else gets involved.
  16. DUDE98678

DUDE98678 New Member

Defnately assassin. A good sniper is much harder to deal with than a good assassin in my opinion. Heck a turtling sniper is still more annoying due to there bot wrecking ability, at the safety of their own base. At least an assassin is out in the open, and closer for an easier kill. Also it seems as if 90% of the assassins I find online are terrible, while almost anyone can pick up a sniper and wreck. So yes, at the start of a match, I would much rather see enemy assassins than snipers.
  17. CrazyCarl

CrazyCarl New Member

I would have to go with an assassin, they can be easier to dodge, like said before, snipers usually aren't in harms way so they pick off free kills.