1. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

We're going to be able to rename anything under our control, right?

>Commander 1 captured Asteroid Lamename.
    >Commander 1 renamed Asteroid Lamename to Asteroid MAH BOOM STICK.
    >Commander 2 recaptured Asteroid MAH BOOM STICK while it was in flight.
    >Commander 2 redirected Asteroid MAH BOOM STICK at Planet Cozyplace.
    >Commander 2 renamed Asteroid MAH BOOM STICK to Asteroid BOOMHEADSHOT.
    >Commander 2 destroyed Planet Cozyplace with Kinetic Bombardment. Asteroid BOOMHEADSHOT and Planet Cozyplace have been logged in the list of deceased planetoids.
    >Commander 1 has been defeated.
  2. yxalitis

yxalitis New Member

Good Grief.

*Shakes head sadly
  3. ajoxer

ajoxer Member

Now, now, the idea is sound.

Even if it means that someone is, inevitably going to redirect Asteroid MYNUTZ at your planet at some point.
  4. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

first of all, since when is rename ctrl+n ? IN WHICH DAMN APPLICATION IS THAT SO?.. just kidding, but seriously how did you think of that? I thought first you meant some kind of using a template with shortcuts or so. (normally ctrl+n is used for "new.." )

anyway, I think it makes not so big sense to be able to rename something in the game when you are able to get a name for a unit or planet..
  5. asgo

asgo Member

this is one of these cases where one makes an argument for a feature and delivers directly a great use case why it's a bad idea. ;)
  6. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

Unless I'm mistaken, that's what Supreme Commander used.

And seriously guys? Where are your funny bones? The OP has outlined the very reason why naming units and planets must exist.
  7. Alcheon

Alcheon Member

why?, the devs are going to QC any names proposed by us so why rename?
  8. stanhebben

stanhebben New Member

I'd love to have such feature!

The default planet name can be one that is drawn from the name pool, but we could still have the options of renaming it if we wish to. (I am a 250$ tier backer and I wouldn't mind such feature)
  9. Usling

Usling New Member

It was funny in SupCom when you renamed one of your support commanders to your regular name, and then renamed your real commander to . or something. Good luck sniping that you "%&#ยค! :ugeek: :lol:
  10. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

Ohhh dear god, all those astroids that will be named after a part of the male anatomy.
  11. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

Don't make it a standard feature, but maybe a UI mod. That way, those players that really want to rename their worlds can do so, and the rest would be unaffected. ;)
  12. doompants

doompants New Member

aaw.. I used to love renaming experimentals! Not even after my junk. Such a simple thing, this must happen. :D
  13. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

Hell yes, this can lead to hilarious stuff.
  14. lynx88

lynx88 New Member

I would totally name my asteroids. "Mostly Harmless", "We Come In Peace", or the classic "HELLO WORLD". :mrgreen:
  15. dudecon

dudecon Member

Agreed. Additionally, you should be able to select another player and "adopt" the names they use, so that you can talk beneficially with allies (or, see what your enemies names for things are?)
    On second thought, this interfaces with networking, and may need to be a standard feature to work. Not sure how extensive the UI mod architecture will be.
  16. fortypoundbaby

fortypoundbaby New Member

Ohhhh, yes. This is a must have feature.
  17. thorneel

thorneel Member

Nah, it would be a pretty useless feature, it's not worth the eff...
    Please implement that!
  18. ticklemeelmo

ticklemeelmo Member

This is hilarious. I for one would get a real kick out of it. If my opponent took the time to make me laugh this would make for a fun ending, even if I was the one being crushed. Please implement this.

19. Causeless

Causeless Member

I'd love an asteroid naming system, but tbh I think planetary naming should stick with the list, especially since I'd make my $185 pledge a bit useless if nobody'll ever see my chosen name anyways!