Shout out to everyone affected by Sandy

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by metaridley, October 30, 2012.

1. metaridley

metaridley New Member

Apparently New Jersey exploded or something and New York had some flooding. Hope everyone's OK!
  2. srpskicekic

srpskicekic New Member

3. FireflyJenkins

FireflyJenkins Active Member

Had a conversation with Al.

"Sandy" doesn't do it justice, whoever thinks of the names is dumb. It should be named Hurricane Reznov.
  4. gluteusmaximums

gluteusmaximums New Member

With all this talk about Sandy blowing all over the East Coast I thought she was the newest Kardashian.
  5. Cerilium

Cerilium Active Member

more like shelly.
  6. mimneotic

mimneotic Moderator Alumni

Moving this thread to Unrelated Discussion.

Also, hope everyone is doing alright on the other side of the pond. Can't be a pleasent experience living in the affected areas..
  7. rikety

rikety New Member

Friend 'n his family live in Philly, last heard of them 2 days ago.

Surprising how many wont evacuate, why take such risk?
  8. metaridley

metaridley New Member

Sometimes they have no where to go :/

And New Englanders are stubborn.
  9. natedoggcata

natedoggcata Member

"Who's idea was it to name a giant Hurricane after one of my ex wives? watch out East Coast"
  10. metaridley

metaridley New Member

That is going in my sig.
  11. Darkshield

Darkshield Member

10/10
  12. atruedeadpoolftw

atruedeadpoolftw Member

Darwinism at work.
  13. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

True.
  14. hotcakes

hotcakes New Member

I live in NYC. Was the only building on the block with electricity. Went to check on the family car and a fiery smell that came from outside. It was so pitch-black that a flashlight was needed to avoid killing myself.

Luckily, we don't live in a zone of exceptional danger and it was just an excuse to stay home all day erry day. There's no school tomorrow, either.
  15. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

Inaban will miss you.
  16. scottee

scottee Member

Two friends living on the Jersey side. Been changing their newborn's diapers by flashlight for several days. Still no power, but at least they've had running water the whole time. The irony is that they're about to move back to Cali in a few weeks.

Another friend who's family is originally from New Jersey. They were set to sign papers this week to buy a house on the coast. That house was destroyed. Good thing they hadn't signed yet.
  17. hotcakes

hotcakes New Member

Checked 311. NYC extended the school closure to the rest of this week. Holy sh­it.

BILLIONS IN DAMAGES
    HAPPY AS LONG AS I GET A VACATION.
  18. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

My hometown was destroyed. Family and friends had trees falling through their houses and cars. Of all my 20 years of living on Long Island I have NEVER seen it this bad. We've had 5 feet of snow, plenty of storms and nothing compares to this. My beach, it's boardwalk and the bars/restaurants are all gone and destroyed.

Seeing all the pictures from friends and fam. that are still living on NY/LI I almost can't believe the vast amount of damage that has been done. After all these tragic natural disasters worldwide it really hits you hard when it happens to your hometown. My prayers and thoughts are with ALL in the Northeast.
  19. qwertyjmh

qwertyjmh New Member

I live on long island also and seeing all of this happen is just sad. In my home town (Great Neck) there are places that are still flooded, I remember the tornado that happened like 4 years ago in great neck. Like that was bad.... But that has noting compared to this. Its like reality is smacking all of us in the face right now for people that live in Ny/NJ. And its sad because nothing really happens here. But apparently when something does, its worst than the last.
  20. rikety

rikety New Member

Holy carp Jersey.

Looking at pics you'd think a nuke went off. Worst part is that the wind spread fires all over the place.