About the VGA...

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by An Artic Fox, December 12, 2010.

1. An Artic Fox

An Artic Fox New Member

How did MNC NOT win any award! LIMBO?!!? LIMBO WON INDIE GAME OF THE YEAR!? Limbo suck compared to MNC!
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you're hating.

Limbo honestly was a GREAT game.
  3. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

1) Limbo was awesome
    2) Limbo and MNC weren't even in the same category.
  4. Manouso

Manouso New Member

Best Downloadable Game

Winner: Costume Quest

Other nominees: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Monday Night Combat, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game
  5. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

Limbo was great because nobody on Xbox had played Little Big Planet or any other platformer. Costume Quest won which was pretty good but I don't see how it was so excelling in the field.
  6. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Limbo was amazing IMO, but there's no way you can say it has the replayability of MNC.

I also loved the Deathspank games, but the same can be said of them.
  7. ShreddieMercury

ShreddieMercury New Member

MNC and Scott Pilgrim are the best two XBLA games I've ever downloaded. Also, Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World is one of the best films I've ever seen. In summary, there needs to be a dark film noir style (along the lines of blade runner) movie about Monday Night Combat. It could be EPIC.
  8. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Why does it have to be dark?
  9. ShreddieMercury

ShreddieMercury New Member

I don't know, I just think that the futuristic world in which MNC takes place could be translated well to a more serious premise. I would hope they leave the comedy in though. Dark comedy is preferred.
  10. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

It's a pretty bright and cheery game though. Even dieing they say stupid funny things.
  11. Aerozone

Aerozone New Member

I agree, but when you read the Assassin's bio, and to what Mickey Cantor is saying, often depicts a world that is, on the surface, going along just fine, but underneath, there is something deeply wrong with.
  12. Nayr

Nayr New Member

These awards mean nothing.

But Limbo winning is kinda funny, it's good on your first play through but that's really it. After that the awe of the art style, music and puzzles has worn off. While MNC I play months after it's release and I still enjoy it a ton. Uber deserves an award for supporting it's community better then almost every other game company, providing us with Free DLC and patch updates on a 10 dollar arcade game is more then enough to warrant some lame *** award from a joke of an award show.
  13. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Limbo is unique and I was wowed by it the first time I played it. It's also refreshingly minimal in art direction, audio, and controls with one hell of a mood. The Play Dead guys are super nice and are passionate about what they do. I'm glad they won and sold a ton.

From a business perspective, things like award shows are great for exposure and to expand your player base.
  14. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

Eka is right about the prosperity award shows bring to a business, especailly something like a downloadable game, something you dont see when you walk into gamestop. However it probably is a lot better to be announced as a winner/nominee ON the show and not just the the website. It was good to see Spike TV nominated MNC, but for an award that wasn't handled on the 2 hour show itself, its probably not that drastic of a loss.

It would have been nice for fans to place a vote on something they adore and it not just get handled by the Spike TV officials.
  15. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Agreed.
  16. JuniorBarnes

JuniorBarnes New Member

You need to watch more movies.

Regardless, I'm glad Scott Pilgrim didn't win because OMG NOSTALGIA REFERENCE BEAT-EM UP. Seriously. As someone who's teen years were in the beam em' ups hey day I can say that genre is dead.

Monday Night Combat losing to the unstoppable force that is "Tim Schaefer-making-great-games-nobody-buys" isn't going to keep me from enjoying Monday Night Combat, nor does it for anyone else.

Congratulations for being nominated, Uber!
  17. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

I know I may well get flamed for this comparison, but I'd say that Uber is the console Valve.
  18. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Incorrect. Monday Night Combat Arcade Game cards are the first thing I point anyone looking the XBox section to.

In fact, I even go as far as to say that their XBox is incomplete without it.

So far I've sold around 6 copies since I've worked there (it'd be more if I didn't have excruciatingly sparse hours).
    And THAT'S that I know of. Many more people have said they'd buy it from home, and while I really can't keep tabs on that, the promise is enough for me. Bahaha.
  19. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

NO OBY!D: The trial game nightmare scares them away from buying it! :?
  20. Haxim

Haxim Member

Although it would have been better from a business perspective if they had actually done the presentation for best downloadable game on the actual show :roll: