Kickstarter Update #15

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by thapear, October 23, 2012.

1. Loegi

Loegi Member

Anyway to confirm that you finalized the pledge? I got the email, and I pushed some buttons, but at the end I needed to press twice and it looked like it may have made a mistake.

Do you get an email after that, or can you look somewhere on the site perhaps?
  2. ayceeem

ayceeem New Member

Don't tell me they're just robots and have no conception of life and death, consili. Such pathetic reasoning only exists to excuse lewd behaviour! It's like me taking a dump on your living room carpet and telling you the feces is plactic and fake; you don't care if the feces is not real, it's the sentiment it brings that's not welcome!

It's a tragedy that millions of gamers think violence is entertaining. A plethora of analyst reports exist to show that 1 in 6 people who enjoy violence have killed someone in their lifetime. Such rates should shock you just as much as they shocked me and if they don't then I don't know how you can live with yourself; I know I can no longer walk into a gaming convention or LAN party, in the fear that someone will jump up behind me and kill me!

I don't care if you're going to tell me that it's just entertainment; killing is killing. Don't joke about killing.
  3. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

coughtrollalertcough

If you dont like it, why bother posting here? Seriously.
  4. Alcheon

Alcheon Member

??? Sarcasm ??? cant tell from just text?

Question: are you interested in this game then, as you appear to be morally opposed to the entire concept, given that the primary themes are, war, death, destruction, the achievement of personal goals through the destruction of other sentient life and the death of entire planetary environments, the goal being the achievement of some form of gratification / entertainment from bringing about that destruction?
  5. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

link to a study, just one, that has shown a positive causation effect of violent videogames on destructive behavior.

I don't want correlation, I want causation. Provide this and I will admit you are right.

Also yeah, why are you even here? This game is about killing robots and blowing stuff up. If you don't like that then please leave as you have no business here.
  6. tybad1

tybad1 New Member

What a terrible troll you are. :lol:
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

killing robots... oh noes xD

Honestly I am surprised to see such a discussion HERE of all places.

If you are so against it just leave, ayceeem
    I would be interested in the study that states this 1 to 6 relation. Sounds crazy.
  8. asgo

asgo Member

hey, there is probably a study out there which states, that 1 out of 6 people wearing tin foil hats are clinically insane, countered by a study claiming that tin foil gives you a 1 in 6 chance of being protected from alien mind control. ;)

only trust statistics you faked yourself.
  9. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

i thought about first backers till the latest ones lol
  10. Veleiro

Veleiro Member

What you are saying would be the same as saying that you shouldnt get alpha access at 100$ level and not at 50$ level, and you shouldnt get beta at 50$ and not at 20$ level

you pay MORE, you get access to this stuff quicker (as the beta/alpha example)

I still haven't gotten mine.
  11. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

Arguably, $20 backers should get links first. We wouldn't want the people who paid more to be working with something potentially buggy.
  12. asgo

asgo Member

since they have probably still months before "access" to anything becomes an issue, it doesn't really matter what order they pick.
    I suggest one, that minimizes the miss ratio - in that context "random" sounds kind of stupid (remember it's not a playlist) ;)