So how do you make the first move when attacking a planet?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by pureriffs, October 26, 2012.

1. cooliejc

cooliejc New Member

Re: So how do you make the first move when attacking a plane

You're making a hypothetical out of my hypothetical, bro.
  2. Alcheon

Alcheon Member

so end effect - nothing changes
  3. Consili

Consili Member

I would add to these points made by Alcheon and Neutrino that there isn't necessarily going to be enough asteroids for all players in a game to just KEW's at each-other and nothing else. Asteroids are a resource and I would hazard a guess to suggest that they wont be an abundant one.

On top of this they are valuable for more than a giant missile, they can have infrastructure, unit cannons and there has been talk of using them as giant carriers even, loaded with planetary artillery and unit cannons. To pour resources into them and then throw them away (and in doing so damaging the usefulness of the planet the player throws it at) doesn't strike me as a common action that people will undertake to the detriment of all else. It seems

Also if anyone is rushing to get a KEW and never use units as you suggest, you can almost be assured that they will get crushed before they get that far. Players wont sit around and wait for an opponent to gain that kind of tech before trying to attack them and if they are doing any scouting of their own they are going to know that their opponent has ignored army development.