Assassin Scouting Report: Video and Blog post

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, July 28, 2010.

1. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Scared of speed, stealth and cunning? Hand to hand combat not dumping your dump truck? Afraid of light bending around your enemies? Hate the confusion of wondering where your prey went? Not appreciative of blades? Like words? Then Assassin is what you need to watch out for! The Monday Night Combat Assassin is the scalpel in a world of chainsaws. She is the answer to those annoying questions. She is the reason Pros wake up in a cold sweat. She's a ghost, an enigma, the whisper of something sinister coming and she's a chick. This season the Assassin is why you need to watch your back.

You want to avoid being another notch on the Assassin's hilt, right? Remember these things:

1. Her blades are deadly, keep her distance. If she's shooting shurikens at you, keep your distance, watch wall bounces and hope for the best.

2. You can't out run her. So kill her fast!

3. Be observant, watch for the warble and listen for the hum of her cloak. If all else fails, get a tank and light her up!

4. If she smoke bombs you, look to the skies. Better yet, take her down before she has a chance to smoke bomb you then laugh hysterically.

Most of all remember that chicks with swords are deadly. Chicks with swords who eat bacon are just plain scary.

Blog Post:
    http://www.uberent.com/blog/2010/07/*** ... ng-report/

Updated Character Bio:
    http://www.uberent.com/the_game/charact ... s/assassin
  2. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Excellent!
  3. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Love the update, hate that its not Support! :) & :(
  4. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Man good thing I asked so I could remind them that they were supposed to release the video today! ;)

Awesome report btw!
  5. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

6. Stroodlez

Stroodlez New Member

some footage of a different map too :D Lovin' this video

"The assassin is a chick? how did i miss that?" <-- lol
  7. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

She seems even more fun now :D

Quick question, do speed endorsements stack with sprint? or will her sprint always be the same speed (aside from leveling).
  8. XxXMullin13XxX

XxXMullin13XxX New Member

The screens are great eka thanks
  9. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

10. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

L3G1T,

You're good with that Google search :) Thanks for looking at the slides.
  11. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

Yes.
  12. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Haha nah, there was a link to the "Stylized Rendering in Games" panel page in John's tweet wishing you good luck. So I went there and scrolled down to the MNC portion, saw the materials portion and was filled with joy as I clicked the download button. :D

Sweet! I figured but I had to be sure.
  13. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

In each video that discusses the lethal assassin I notice that "you can hear her" comes up a few times. Does having a set of Turtle Beach X31's (or X3's) help hear her better?
  14. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

I can't speak directly to those particular head phones, but certainly playing any competitive game with higher than generic TV quality sound and presumably less ambient noise is helpful. You'd probably be better off playing with some cheap ear bud head phones over the average TV too, but I don't think anyone does.
  15. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

I use button earphones all the time :p due to my setup I have a screen which is shared between my pc for work and my game consoles, earphones are the perfect choice since I play a lot of music while working.

They really do help hear sounds in games compared to regular tv speakers any time.
  16. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I love the vid! Please keep them coming! :p
  17. AAA

AAA New Member

Hey, will these videos become availible on xbox? Also, will each class be getting one? (is really looking forward to support and assault)
  18. MrMusikal

MrMusikal New Member

Aw man, C'mon!
  19. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Hmmm, I just noticed that the Pit-Girl and Assault look a little high in this one.
  20. Justice Pie

Justice Pie New Member

Why would you tell anyone this? We're not much of an enigma now that you've blabbed our recipe for kick-assery all over the interweb.

...we know where you sleep.