Introduce yourself..

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by Ekanaut, April 18, 2010.

1. metaridley

metaridley New Member

I actually never introduced myself here.

See my signature.
  2. kndge9584

kndge9584 New Member

please introduce to yourself i am ashu what is your name
  3. digioso

digioso New Member

Hi all, I'm Digioso and got interested in the game because I totally like the Total Annihilation series. Can't wait to get my greedy hands on this game. :)
  4. cmdrzod

cmdrzod New Member

@digiso
    Where excatly are you from?

I'm CmdrZod. I'm living in germany too (thats why i ask ;-).

Backed the project via paypal and was very unhappy not to be able to discuss on kickstarter (only possible if pledged).

My gaming background:
    I was never one of the real good players, but I really love big strategy games, i played Supreme Commander like forever (mostly with friends though). To bridge the time until PA I am currently playing Sins of a Solar Empire (real good game btw).

Can't wait for PA!
  5. comatoast21

comatoast21 New Member

hey, im pat. i am almost completely in the middle between console and pc really.. i understand what the pc brings to the table however i love fighting games...any fighting game. i actually have a hard time finding decent ppl who are really into fighting games like myself. i do try to join communitys and make friends cuz i think teamwork works the best however lame it might sound lol. so ya.. waadduup
  6. freakinzmartin

freakinzmartin Member

Hello there, my name is Martin and I'm 19 years old and I'm from the United Kingdom, I don't generally post much I'm more of a lurker when it comes to forums as I like reading
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
  7. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

So, I'm Plumbum. Some of you from way back when (that 'way back when' being the time Uber considered the Xbox 360 as a development platform) may remember me. But I now have a PC that can play SMNC without dying in a horrid fireball, so here I am. And by the by, I've been playing console games for about 10 years now and PC for about 1 day so just so you guys know, I use Xbox controller. :twisted:

Anyway, I've been gone so long I thought I might as well make a new introductory post. And maybe privately cry that three of the pros I know and love aren't free, including my Love, the Assassin.
  8. Cerilium

Cerilium Active Member

Didn't introduce myself the first time I got here, still not going to.

Deal with it.

Ok I might do... names cerilium, I'm famous in game for being the guy asking about the peanut.
  9. tehemopenguin

tehemopenguin Moderator Alumni

Proper Introduction time? Sure, why not.

I'm Cody, but you can call me Penguin! I'm a pretty new Moderator here, along with GameTrailers for four years. I'm also a two-year Microsoft MVP! This user name I have has been active for quite a long time, on anything I can possibly use it on. If their name is TEP, it's probably me. ;)

I'm a huge Halo fan. I even went to HaloFest in 2011, and got to visit both Bungie & 343 Industries this year. Fun times. :3
  10. Cerilium

Cerilium Active Member

I remember that picture of you being stood next to the Chief.

Have to admit I'm jelly.
  11. lastrip

lastrip New Member

Hello to all users. I am Alok from India and I am internet freak and want to share things over her, I love to make new friends. I am doing internet marketing job kind of technical it is. Lets start here...
  12. NaloaC

NaloaC New Member

Greetings!

Finally got myself onto the forums here after getting my Kick in for PA. Been mainly following updates via the book of faces and general shouts here and there.

My name is Caolan. Living in Ireland in the southeast, 29 years of age, do a bit of everything at the moment, though currently studying and reading over my PhD thesis to prepare for my viva defence in 3 weeks time in Edinburgh. Completed 5 years of a research PhD in environmental engineering. BSc in Zoology and my focus is on treatment wetlands.

Been a PC gamer since I was about 12 when I got my hands on my cousins Amiga. I've been hooked ever since, though my own rigs didn't follow until uni. Always been a fan of RTS titles since Red Alert, with TA and SupCom being amongst my all-time favourites. Made backing PA a no-brainer for me :)

I'm an admin over on the ZiiP Gamestore and Community forums, which are based in the UK. We're a gaming community playing a suite of games (DayZ, DayZ+, Battlefield 3, World of Tanks, Planetside 2, Wargame: European Escalation, Far Cry 3, whatever else you think of). The founder decided to make a business out of the website that he loved so much and it's been going well for almost 2 years now :)

So, I'm ecstatic about PA and what it can offer, so more than eager to trawl through the forums and try to get myself properly up to speed on what's been posted here :)
  13. bitfail

bitfail New Member

Hey everyone, my name is Dan but im known by other usernames like kerban12 and bitFail, I am mostly a pc gamer as I have several gaming laptops and a nice vibox fusion gaming pc too, however I also own just about every console ever made as I do prefer to play RPG, Racing and FPS games via consoles.My favourite type of game is of course RTS and I find the pc is best for this type of game. I have Supcom on both pc and console and pc wins outright, especially when playing Supcom FA via FAF etc.

My question that I would ask the dev team is will Planetary annihilation have a similar tech upgrade system t1 to t2 to t3 as in supcom and supcom fa or will there be a researchable tech tree as in supcom2 and games like C&C?
  14. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Hi! There will be 2 tech levels like in TA. More info is in the PA forum and the PA FAQs.
  15. toren

toren New Member

Hey everyone my name is Jonathan, I usually play by Zenairis or Azure, and in the distant past, Toren.

I've been gaming since the age of 2 my parents would sit me on their lap and let me mess with the controls, I was playing on by age 3.

I came aboard as a Cosmic preorder to PA, I'm really looking forward to the game and the mods people make for it.

I currently play Airmech, CoD, Supreme Commander, and the FF online series, and looking forward to PA once it's ready

I'm also a big geek and computer nerd :geek:
  16. tagsin

tagsin New Member

Hi all,

My name is Alex and i am a old RTS gamer since 1997 and i am 45 now got 4 kids.

I started with TA on mplayer and havebeen playing since.

Now i play SC and FA on Faforever and i am a moderator there.

I used to be a admin on gpg.(gaspowered games).

I have no key yet but it sure looks like a lot of fun so maybe we will see eachother playing.

TAG_SiN
  17. bigpony

bigpony New Member

Hello all. I liked TA and Supcom so here I am. Not really a big fan of the art style of PA, but if the gameplay is really good I will get over that quickly!
  18. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Planetary Annihilation victim #8057 here, taken as a casualty of war from the Great Kickstarter Campaign of 2012.

Looking forward to the game and interacting with the developers! Everything shown so far has been fantastically promising!

I'm a 24 year old software developer from the UK, with a severe interest in games design and development. My programming is often "make it work by any means necessary" and then "make the code look like something that I'd actually want to show people" and I have a penchant for writing completely useless stuff that I simply want to work out myself (latest project is simple XML parsing for a game save system I'm working on).

My job is web development and platform maintenance, which has nothing to do with games development at all. Ah well, I am but young ;)
  19. greatwhiskahs

greatwhiskahs New Member

'ello folks.

I'm here for PA and can't wait to dig into it and I hope I'll be on here pretty frequently once I sit down and start playing. The modding forum looks pretty solid too and if anyone needs a .NET and JS person to help with mod dev lemme know, I'd be happy to help in evenings and on weekends.

See ya around,
    =^_^=
  20. jerinimo

jerinimo New Member

Im jerinimo i speak french better than English i play a lot of RTS game and i hope to report many bugs as possible :geek: