What do you look forward to most in PA.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garatgh, October 17, 2012.

1. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

Just a quick rule, it has to have been confirmed in some way (That dosent nessesarly mean that it will make the final cut offcourse, but that they will try and that its likely to make the final cut). (Btw, i did search for such a thread, but all the worlds in the title is "too common" so i didnt get any results).

For me, it has to be making my own moon battle station.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/08/15/plane ... interview/ (Page 2)
    A moon with engines and unit cannons, basically a giant cross between a base and a carrier. If they include other artellery or missiles that can be fired from orbit to a planet then il build those on the moon too. Beware the death star like awsomeness.

Who knows what other usefull buildings they will have for such a epic "unit".

And if the battle goes to badly you can allways crash the whole moon into the enemies best world xD.
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Modding.

Because of Reasons.

Mike
  3. thorneel

thorneel Member

4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I second this as favorite.
  5. thapear

thapear Member

6. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

How about playing the game lol?
  7. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

^^ Well i guess that qualifies.
  8. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I mean if all we want to do is mod it then Uber can cut their dev time in 1/2! =P
  9. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

Ahh, you replied to the moders and not to the topic title.

Well some people just like to mod. I know myself that it can be quite fun to add something that you have created to a game and change it in whatever ways you wish.

Edit: And i just realised that maybe i shouldent answer for them... ohh well if im completely wrong they are sure to comment.
  10. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Please, I've spent more time modding FA than playing it! xD

Mike
  11. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

My favorite aspect of Supcom/FA was the UI, believe it or not. Judging by the discussions that have been going on and comments from the devs, the PA UI will be leaps and bounds above FA, and that makes me most excited.

Oh, and I guess the strategic depth and complex gameplay will be awesome too.

But dat UI . . . :D
  12. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

This is exactly it for me too!
    I loved how SC/FA allowed me to direct and somewhat automate units maneuvers and such.
    The ability of CONTROL and the feeling of being a true General rather than having to screw around with microing a dozen units.
    Large sweeping changes with minimal commands.

Like I'm at one with my entire army.

So between being able to upgrade stuff (i love upgrading) and GUI, i figured the gameplay itself will turn out just fine :D
  13. vohjiin

vohjiin New Member

I look forward most to awesome battles with an awesome soundtrack. All the while being serenaded by the announcers voice as I rampage my way through the galaxy.
  14. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

Well, right now I'm looking forward to playing on a "spherical" world, and how they're going to be implementing it. And also wondering what countermeasure will there be against KEWs. And thus looking forward to smashing asteroids into each other.
  15. zachb

zachb Member

I am looking forward to modding too. Not just poking around in the engine to see what silly things I can make the game do, but also seeing what everyone else comes up with.

I'd like to see if anyone tries to make some single player content. Galactic war looks really neat and all, but I have seen some really crazy mods and indie games lately. The internet is full of aspiring game designers who aren't limited by the conventions of game design, the requirements of a publisher, or even the boundaries of good taste. Granted most of it will be strange and terrible, but every once in a while something worth while will come along.

Basically I want to see if anyone tries to make "Dear Ester" with robots

I kind of liked the idea that an asteroid would take a few minutes to smash into it's target so you'd have to get a small army on it and blow up the engines in a set amount of time. That way every asteroid launch is a quick little mini fight on a tiny map.
    Playing inter-stellar conkers with asteroids could be fun too. Granted that may just come down to who has the most asteroids. If your opponent has n asteroids and you have n+1 asteroids then you'll get your 1 last asteroid through and blow up his base.
  16. terrormortis

terrormortis Member

playing a game with a great community!!!! :D

if you look at other game forums you loose all hope for humanity again and again...
  17. Alcheon

Alcheon Member

Really?, I Hated The supcomm UI, but loved the TA one, strange
  18. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

:| If you say so. The queuing system alone was much more powerful in Supcom. Also, much better use of screen space with the UI widgets. Construction wasn't paged, so you didn't have to keep flipping between pages when building (except between factory tiers, but since each tier made the other obsolete, this wasn't an issue on the UI side). Powerful minimap, multi-screen support, range circles for weapons/radar, etc. Oh, and something called "strategic zoom." That was pretty important.
    To be clear, I'm talking about the post-FA UI. Vanilla Supcom's widget layout was far too cramped.
  19. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

a good map overview, with seeing every shot like in TA.
  20. ultramarine777

ultramarine777 Member

Looking forward to play Galactic war and go all out on a battle royal with friends to see who can conquer/annihilate each other.