Reload while Taunting

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by tlbww, December 8, 2010.

1. tlbww

tlbww New Member

I don't understand why I'm not able to do this anymore. You are already vulnerable while taunting. I like being able to reload the minigun or sniper rifle while doing the floppy man jib or the Cactaur shuffle and earn some grit (especially after a kill). With the gunners painfully long reload time the minigun taunt would end just a few seconds before it was finished. Now I have to either get a kill and taunt then reload or forgo the 50 bucks to reload.

It's a minor suggestion, but it had a big impact on my game. I don't see the big deal leaving it as it was, especially if any class can do it.
  2. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

because it doesnt make sense? your hands are on either side of you as a gunner, and you are reloading your gun? not.
  3. thrustbucket

thrustbucket New Member

For the same reason they took out Assassin's cloaking while grappling.
  4. Bezique

Bezique New Member

It makes taunting an incidental act while you got on with a necessary task - not much of a taunt.
  5. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

I've noticed that if you start reloading and then taunt, after your taunt is complete, you will begin the reload animation again instead of finishing like it used to before the DLC.

This is painful. Anyone else notice this with the gunner? An interrupted reload used to finish after it got interrupted, now it just starts from the beginning, and painfully adds more time.
  6. yurf

yurf New Member

I'm guessing the reason they fixed that is because the gunner is supposed to be crippled with a long reload time, whereas if a tank reloaded during a taunt, it wouldn't matter regardless. It was just meant to balance out the reload times so the gunner's aren't at an advantage with taunting.
  7. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

It's fine how it is in my opinion. Yes, it's annoying. But it's balanced. Cash or ammo? Which is a bigger priority for you? Reloading is a tactical choice, as is taunting. Reloading during a canned animation makes as much sense as shooting while you're picking skills.