The Assassin still needs to be fixed

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by Liefglinde, December 8, 2010.

1. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Basically, if you're host, the smoke bomb will almost NEVER work. I can't even count how many times I've died because I smoke bomb, jump immediately afterwards, and end up jumping all of 2 feet.

When you're not host, the lunge will fail and move very little distance about half the time, if not more.

Also when not host, the Assassin will randomly start stutterstepping. Makes it impossible to dash or move efficiently. Also the cause of several of my deaths.
  2. Zecantu

Zecantu New Member

Yeah, I've been playing as the assassin lately and this was happening to me almost every match today. My smoke bombs worked most of the time, but when I came down it was like my assassin was stuck in a halfway point between the old speed glitch and just kind of stuttered forward.
  3. Leonyx

Leonyx New Member

Yeah, I tried using the smoke bomb a few times, and I couldn't get it off once. I don't think I was the host even.
  4. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

I dislike the smoke bomb jump problem too, but sometimes I chalk it up to user error. For the stutter step double tap the dash button, that typically works, sometimes you might need to press it three times though.
  5. Manouso

Manouso New Member

Yeah these problems still plague the assassin.
    Host smoke jump is horrendous and even non host it's still spotty at times.

Stutterstep is especially annoying for me as it happens quite frequently and if you're on a nice streak you have to decide whether it's worth it to jump off the edge or play through it for the extra bump in money per kill.

The lunge is well basically a lag tester.
  6. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

The stuttersteps are about to drive me fukin looney

I can handle the smokebomb FAILS...and the crappy lunge....but not being able to dash CRIPPLES the assassin

UBER HEAR MY PLEA, FIX THE DASH!!!!
  7. Organous

Organous Member

I simply look at the dash gauge when I suspect a problem coming with it to know if it's actually registering my dash. I don't want to rapidly tap it, since that essentially guarantees I won't continuously dash. I just tap, check, tap, check...
  8. QuestionMarx

QuestionMarx New Member

I've never had these problems. I spam the hell outta the smoke bomb, probably use it 30+ times a match, and I've only had it fail once even when I am host. I'm pretty sure that fail was my fault too. The shutter step happens rarely and only under laggy situations or at least it does for me.
  9. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I know I can say for a fact that the smoke bomb fails are not user error. They ALWAYS work when I am not host. But when I am, I don't even consider it an escape tactic because all it does is fail.
  10. Evil Panda666

Evil Panda666 New Member

Yeah They really do need to fix assassin. After the DLC probably at least half of my smoke bomb jumps have failed and when I actually get a good killstreak....OH BOY ITS TIME TO HAVE SOME FUN WITH STUTTERSTEP...=( Lunge also fails alot too.
  11. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Bump

After playing many many more games
    I must say that 100% for sure my smoke jumps have been working MUCH less after the dlc

It's almost as if I don't even have a third skill anymore :roll:
  12. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Bump.

I want my smoke bomb back.
    And I want my dash to work.

P.s. Fix the frame rate problems
  13. Manouso

Manouso New Member

I tested this out and you are my new hero.
    I don't double tap though, I repeatedly tap until it works like normal.
  14. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

I've been trying to be nice and let failing smoke bomb jumping assassins live
  15. F5in

F5in New Member

When you get really bad stutter-step even that doesn't work. Neither does holding it.
    Assassin definitely has some grapple glitch. I just played some matches where I had host and I was STILL getting air-grappled.
  16. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Yep... although this happens to me with Snipers as well as Assassins. Sick of getting air grappled by them. Even though I haven't played in a week... I've honestly forgotten how to play. In a week. And I won't be playing for 3 more. It's like my life has lost all meaning.
  17. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

So annoying, please fix. Bam.
  18. HI IM SNARF

HI IM SNARF New Member

Another thing that bugs me is when I am clearly so close to somebody that I could stick my tip in, but I still can't grapple them. Like the assassin will do the grapple miss animation, and she's so close that her hands will literally go through the enemy I'm trying to grapple.

The smoke bomb jump fail is lame, too. I remember about 2 weeks ago I was playing on Grenade III, and during overtime I bought juice. I go to bomb into the other team's base, and the bomb jump failed so I went off the cliff. We ended up losing barely losing that game.
  19. kckzi

kckzi New Member

The assassin being so buggy is why I quit playing assassin all together. If anyone remembers playing me in the first month or so of this game, all I played was assassin. It eventually got too much to handle all the fail lunges, fail grapples, fail bombs, and fail dash (stutter step is so cool).

Also, fix their head hitboxes while your add it. When I snipe and ice an assassin who isn't smart enough to spam melee, I'll aim for the head and literally 75% of the time, it goes right through it.
  20. J Triple Dash

J Triple Dash New Member

LIST OF ISSUES i HAVE HAD WITH SASSY-

!.STUTTERSTEP
    2.NO LUNGE/SLOW LUNGE
    3.FAIL SMOKEBOMB BUT SKILL HAS INSTANT REGAIN
    4.START A MATCH WITH NO DAGGER OR SWORD
    5.START A MATCH (OR AFTER A RESPAWN) WITH SKILLS LOCKED AT HALFWAY
    6. BACK GRAPPLE FAIL
    7. CAN ONLY SPAWN BOTS FROM 1 BOT SPAWNER (LR AND SPUNKY)

TO HUNGOVER TO THINK OF THE REST ;) HAPPY HOLIDAYS :p :p :p