Who will be third when you're not around ;_;

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by hotcakes, October 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelleroid

kelleroid New Member

I'd like to know what kind of shit parents you have to be to lead your own offspring to suicide. Or, do they even feel anything about it.

For future reference.
  2. leadlpmaster

leadlpmaster Active Member

I'd assume it's more his (or her) fault rather than the parents.
  3. playagames

playagames Active Member

Obviously I am not familiar with this dude or the situation but from reading the chat log there is nothing you could have said or done to stop him or convince him of anything at that point. We can all say "you should have said x" or "you should have done y" but what I am trying to say its not your fault you didn't succeed in convincing him to abandon his plan to suicide. Again I don't know this guy, but it seems like he had already made his decision. If you know him personally, you might consider sending that and any other related chat logs to his family so that maybe they can change their ways incase any of their other children are being affected similarly.

This might be a good time to ask if you all ever wonder why I am constantly pushing everyone to be less coarse? Practical reasons aside, for some, online communities and games are all that they have to feel included. By acting like dipshits, you are very likely compounding someone's already difficult personal life. At the least, you are making someone feel unwelcome in yet another place.

Anyone can be a tough guy on the internet, but it takes someone with some serious virtue to resist that temptation of anonymity and be a good guy.
  4. muromets

muromets Member

A lot of people on the forums that say be nice to people in game and don't bag them out THEY themselves go and swear and abuse them. Maybe online gaming is not the best place to feel included. As for this person it is really a tragic thing that happened. At first I wasn't exactly sure if this was some master trolling plan, but regards go to his family and friends that are going through this ordeal.
  5. kelleroid

kelleroid New Member

Doesn't help when you don't get any replies at all for reasons of doing bad at the game.
  6. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

Can you people please keep this discussion on topic.

HOOEY will be the third best when he's not around.
  7. kelleroid

kelleroid New Member

^Not even a fake account. Srsly.
  8. thipp

thipp New Member

I thought the community was better than this. Aside from BAMF or some others, I expected none of these awful comments.
  9. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Thoroughly fed up of depressed people with suicide wishes. I think like 5 of my friends have told me they're gonna kill themselves and it's torture trying to convince them they're being ridiculous. I've been depressed before, I've had huge family issues, yes, but get over it. Suicide helps nobody.
  10. vI Snack Iv

vI Snack Iv New Member

It's extremely arrogant and ignorant for you to just say "get over it" to someone who's depressed. It's true, suicide doesn't help people, but neither does **** like that. People are different, and what may seem like little problems to you can be a lot bigger to those that are going through it.
  11. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

I know people have problems, but suicide is never an answer. I've spent days on end trying to convince people there are other ways, and it's exhausting to reason with people who just want to end it. These have been some of my closest friends too, I'm not underestimating what they're going through.
  12. simskiller

simskiller Active Member

Welcome to the dead SMNC community.

Also Monkey Sphere.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.