Help with Tank endorsements?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by x gr1m x reap3r x, December 6, 2010.

1. x gr1m x reap3r x

x gr1m x reap3r x New Member

gold: Armor, silver: Reload, Bronze:???(currently rate of fire)
    any suggestions?
  2. Shiny

Shiny New Member

I have Gold: Armour Silver: Rate of fire and Bronze: Skill regen

Armour is gold so i can survive even the meanest or barrages

Rof is silver because it increases my damage output per second (and there is barely any difference between gold and silver RoF)

Skill regen for bronze cos i love the product nade so so much <3 :mrgreen:
  3. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

I use Gold speed silver armor and bronze skill recover because I hate it when a fat Italian back pedals faster than me, silver armor because you can survive anything that would normally kill you in one hit if you have max passive and bronze skill recovery because skills are crucial for the tank.
  4. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Against any smart players, you'll need RoF on the rail gun to compete. They'll just run away from your jet gun otherwise. Accuracy drastically improves hit detection. I suggest you use armor, accuracy, RoF, in whichever order you choose.
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Welcome. :D
  6. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

Bronze Skill for any sort of hybrid or jet gun tank.

Speed/Armor/Skill
    Armor/Speed/Skill
    Armor/RoF/Skill

Are the three builds I use.

Shammas' build for rail gun exclusive (or almost exclusive tank).
  7. StormedCorpse

StormedCorpse New Member

I've been doing alright with:

Armour/Skill/Clip size

Armour/Skill/RoF

There is no need for speed you can just long range people or bounce grenades of walls.
  8. xknight2099

xknight2099 Member

My current is. Rof armor skill

I think I am gonna try armor rof skill

Is there a big difference between gold rof and silver rof as far as the rail gun?
  9. Cardboardwarior

Cardboardwarior New Member

I use skill - speed - armour

Screw the jet gun, I have charge. Screw the rail gun, I have... charge again.
  10. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

For Spunky, I use Armor / Skill / Reload speed (experimenting with bronze endorsements). Lotta fun with silver skill recovery.
  11. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

I think it really depends what area you're patrolling. You might use a different setup if you're patrolling the tight tunnels of the top level, as opposed to the more free-for-all-oriented bot pit.

While I typically wouldn't advocate a gold reload speed build for Tank, It's not a bad idea for the top level where people have few avenues for escape, and you can Charge + Death Blossom to kill two of the three classes you don't want up top: Support and Sniper. silver armor and bronze skill recovery would assist in removing the other class you don't want up top: the Gunner.

In the pit, gold armor goes a long way, since the moment you turn the corner you are facing an entire team's defenses (if they're smart), and you may actually need to hide behind sacrificial bots to last long enough to continue to push bots. silver speed makes you more mobile in close-quarters combat next to their base, and bronze skill recovery rounds out that build.
  12. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

I use Gold Skill Recovery, Silver ROF and Bronze Armour - like being able to Charge and shoot Product Grenades as much as possible.
  13. StormedCorpse

StormedCorpse New Member

Well really it's not about the endorsements it is how good you are with them :D
  14. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

I'm changing my tank endorsements all the time. Here's what I do and don't use, and why..

Gold RoF means you kill much quicker with your jet gun and can take 3.3 rock-its down much quicker when juiced. Plus the rail gun is deadly at that fire rate even against distant enemies.

Gold Skill is great fun for spamming grenade and charge, but I find bronze is sufficient.

Reload shouldn't really be necessary if you're thinking it will help with Death Blossom spam. I rarely find I quickly need a second DB. You have enough other offensive abilities to compliment it. If you're really stuck just jet up into the air for a second while you reload, the default reload speed is quite fast as it is.

Speed is very useful because a tank's lack of mobility is one of his weaknesses against pros like assaults, who can keep you outside of jet gun range and drill you with their assault rifle. If you don't use a speed endorsement, grab the pickups whenever you can, and use Charge to escape bad situations.

Armour has obvious benefits, although I'd suggest only in gold or silver. At bronze it gives you just 25 extra health, whereas other endorsements have a significant effect in bronze.

Health is good for hit-and-run tactics. Upgrade to Deploy 2 and you can hit and run and heal without it, but with a health endorsement you get back to health VERY quickly. Gold Health + Deploy is insane.

Clip size benefits the jet gun in that you can burn someone for a while and then DB and you'll do more damage (DB damage scales with jet gun ammo) but I'll normally DB immediately or chase and burn a pro, not mix the two.

Don't think I've ever used any of the other endorsements so can't comment, although I keep meaning to test out Shammas's accuracy suggestion.
  15. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Having accuracy is the only way to take out snipers or assaults from afar, otherwise the shots don't register on their tiny hitboxes.
  16. x gr1m x reap3r x

x gr1m x reap3r x New Member

thanks for the suggestions guys i think im going to experiment with rof speed or skills as bronze
    PS reload speed is for DB
  17. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Yeah, reload speed helps with Death Blossom spamming.

Gold XXX/ Silver Armor/ Bronze Skill is a is a pretty decent Tank formula, imo. Using the Gold endorsement for your personal play style. RoF for Rail gun heavy. Speed for Agility Tank. Reload for DB Tank. Clip for Fire Tank. Health for Hit and Run Tank...see what I'm getting at. ;)
    :D
  18. JuniorBarnes

JuniorBarnes New Member

Pitgirls only want boyfriends who have great skills.
  19. Reizarvg

Reizarvg New Member

Can't say I've ever had a problem, and I don't use accuracy. I frequently win long range fights against Snipers.
  20. xknight2099

xknight2099 Member

I have been having good success with the Hudson build.

Gold speed
    Silver armor
    Bronze skill

I used to run speed but did not have much success, I think I had something else as silver and bronze.