Confirmed features and suggestions

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by xedi, August 17, 2012.

1. seradest

seradest New Member

first ....... sorry for my very bad english.

In the past i played a lot of RTS games the first one was Dune ^_^
    And the last one was Surpreme Commander 1
    after this long time i has many things that i hate in the old RTS games and i love.

So here are the Suggestions that i now have:

The AI/KI sometime there is an very fun RTS it has all what you need and you think you can play it with freinds a loooong time.......... BULLSHIT i read about Men of War
    2 things that make this game a Crap.....
    1)The AI in MoW is **** she cant go around very little things,she can make many things but only when you command 1 unit and say her step by step what she must do........
    So when you say "go there" and klick on the point.The AI going there BUT she ignore the enemys,she ignore traps ,she ignor the wohle map....... and in 90% of time she run in an suicide or stuck in an objekt for ever.
    2)the spawn every time units spawn you can not select where they spawn and the spawn is never save.... when the enemy come to your spawn you cant build any unit any more.because the die 1 sec after they spawn.

So dont make this fails pls in Planetary Annihilation.
    Tha AI is very important,very very very important.
    Every time i say this in RTS Forums people say to me "when your units die because the are helples that your fault because you are the commander"
    thats make me so angry bacause in an game with more than 8 units in an army you can not protect every single unit.The units must has an good oriantation.
    In surpreme commander was an building drone that i give waypoints to build buildings one after one.So after a little time i command an other build drone to supporting the first one.BUT the secound drone was so dumb that she never support the first one.
    the first one was done with an building and goes to an other place to build there but the secound drone never know when an building is done so she ever run after the first drone and never support her.
    That means the secound one keep step with the first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so in Planetary Annihilation is very little micromanagement so why not make the commander
    only very individual with recourcess and technologie in the time of playing.
    He is the most significant Unit in the game and why not make it harder to get him so longer the game is running.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in the old time every RTS has some super weapons.......... but extreamly less RTS has an defence agains this.
    pls do not make weapons that cant be to be delayed WITHOUT be destroid.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many good RTS life from taktics not from an very big army.
    Stealth,Radar jammer,mines,EMP and so on are very important.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many units in the old RTS Games are units of future scifi BUT the has only an optical differenc
    as an explanation

year 3000 or so you can build an unit that can shoot on flying enmey BUT NOT on ground units
    and you has ground Units that can shoot on ground Units BUT NOT on flying enemys

and the ALL use projectile weapon systems in an time who everyone has by definition "unlimited" energy

that makes no sense and you build much more units that you must control because of their cold war limitations.I am very happy that your new game has no factions.I mean it make no sense for me that one faction has an indipendance day giant UFO that shoot with an big laser and the other faction say "no we dont need this we has an artillery boat......" -_-
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the last one i promise ^_^
    what about modular generated "resources" that mean the you can has an very small solar system and the enmy has 3 big solar systems BUT in your small was an high concetration of an very usefull resource and your build handicap are now the same as by the enemy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so i hope someone understand my crap
    see you ingame
    bye
  2. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

I'm trying to get people to use the Planetary Annihilation Wiki feature page so we're not depending on one guy (xedi) to update the feature list for us.

So please feel free to add the features yourself so we can all benefit from it.
  3. cptkilljack

cptkilljack Member

Could you add mine then which was the 64bit exe and binary to support larger ram sizes upwards of 16GB+. Im not very familiar with Wiki editing. Thanks ahead of time.
  4. sturm532

sturm532 Member

Well now with pledging we can get a Progenitor commander a Alpha Commander or design our own Commander With You Guys of UBER.......

Now I'ff been thinking alot about PA and are looking forward to the Backer Forums/community but i found a fan made Commander the Teufel a defence commander wich uses orbital drops and air drops for units and i realized i wanted a playustile like that.

And i came up with a Stealth Commander with its own playstyle and units

soo !!

Question 1
    will Commander ordering and customasation be available after Pledging Time or will we have to wait for after game DLC offerings
    ( NOte the commanders i designed < only the stealth commander > welll i dont know what would be posible as i don't have the game yet or any idea how its gonna be !!))

Question 2
    How much customastion is availeble with the commanders
    when i take that pledge of a 100 dollars or was it 500?

K-bots rule!!!

EDit :: SOrry i just woke up so formatting and coming up with sensible questions is a bit hard now Cheers NOw Where do i get that IPA BEER
  5. Alcheon

Alcheon Member

you're thinking of the $1000 tier level rewards?
  6. sturm532

sturm532 Member

yes i was but i think i'll partner with some mod group later on with some of my idea for a commander and his faction...

Are Experiamentals going in ??
    eDIT :: I know about the unconfirmed status now
  7. opinions2

opinions2 New Member

One thing that I missed in SC2 that SC1 and SC:FA did was adjecency bonuses.

It made for me at least, base deployment more logical and almost artistic.

Any idea if this is going to be added in?

Sorry if this is already posted but the browser at work defies the word BASIC and I can't search!
  8. Alcheon

Alcheon Member

never liked the adjacency bonuses, they made for more predictable bas elayouts
  9. chrishaldor

chrishaldor Member

I seem to remember Mavor saying that adjacency was out this time around, I did like the adjacency bonus system, but I wouldn't mind the opportunity to put buildings in a more useful layout
  10. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Adjacency? No!
    Proximity? Maybe...

I would hate to see a return to SC's grid-square perfect full-contact.
    Building placement micro FTL!
  11. lthawkeye

lthawkeye New Member

yes please NO adjacency, while the idea had merit i was never a real fan of it.

i do like the idea of some units/structures getting a bonus for being within a certain radius of say a power gen or something.

also, need to add "NANOLATHING BITCHES!" to the list because that is important.
  12. Supermap

Supermap New Member

proximity sounds cool, or even create networks.
    maybe a building being close to another makes it cheaper to build or gets some kind of bonus. This could be represented visually by small cables running around the map, and taking down connections could make a base much more inneficient, so could give a nice strategic view. Also it would make it easier for the game to differenciate bases, making macro easier since you could see different sized bases and their status from afar
  13. joseph77

joseph77 New Member

Hi at all, Language support ?
  14. sturm532

sturm532 Member

how about transformable units like a tank that can change into a turret for local defense

or a unit level two that can change into a artillery turret ( missile or shell/plasma )

and while i 'm at it how a about an experimental that walks over and can turn into a battle station

no there was something else but it slipped my mind ........bummer.........

thanks for this oppertunnity UBER TEAM ..........

CHeerio :D

Edit:: if this doesn't fit here then i wont do it again ..cheersssss
  15. Sylenall

Sylenall Member

Not sure if suggested yet, but I'd like to see spinning planetoids.

Would add a layer of strategy to attacking planets since by the time your army/long-range arty gets there the enemy base may have spun to the opposite side of the planet.

Would make considering your timing more important.
  16. jagg2637

jagg2637 New Member

How about being able to give a percentage of your resource income directly to an ally? I for one love focusing and amassing resources, but I will admit I am not the greatest at spending it and building an army (I usually go straight for experimentals).

If I could just 'feed' one (or many) of my allies resources and just become a economic power house, that would be AWESOME.
  17. chronoblip

chronoblip Member

Has anyone suggested a way to make polls in-game? Those seem like a feature that everyone really likes, would hate to see it not make it into the game.

:lol:
  18. xnavigator

xnavigator Member

guys please consider to design the game in a way that 1v1 matches last max 30-40min...

this is very important for multiplayer and for long-run longevity of this game....

no one will play this game competitevly if 1v1 matches last 12h.

(starcraft 1 teaches)
  19. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Gtfo. 1vs1 games last as long as you let them. if a 1vs1 Match lasts even 4 hours, your either letting the AI survive on purpose..... OR your just plain bad at the game.

Id say, keep the game close to what the Trailer was like, debug and fix that up THEN start to work on the Extras.

Gotta start on the first step of a ladder to reach the top.
  20. Sylenall

Sylenall Member

Didn't see this on the front page, and I figure it is fairly important.

Ground units should be able to shoot up at air units the same way they could in TA. Makes the game interesting, flexible and breaks rock-paper-scissors balancing.

Granted it's not especially effective, nor should it be, but I'd much rather my group of light tanks and kbots be able to clumsily fight off or destroy an enemy gunship than simply be hard-countered and totally helpless without dedicated anti-air. Ground units without anti-air would still be at a severe disadvantage of course, but it would take more than a token force to really drive that air adavantage home. Bombers and other fast craft would be relativly safe(except during slow banking turns like in TA), but hovering attack craft and transports would be vulnerable enough to require some thought in their use.

It's also worth mentioning anti-air was surprising versitile at shooting ground units too(pulverizers, jethrows etc).