does taunting piss you off?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by anon357, November 28, 2010.

1. badmonk

badmonk New Member

i never taunt.....tbh i think its kinda arrogant and bullish to do so but hey each to their own :)
    i do however like backstabbing people mid taunt!
  2. AARPS

AARPS New Member

I just got a funny image of taunting people IRL. Can you imagine if the coffee guy gives you the wrong change and you just bust out the jetski taunt in the middle of starbucks? Get in a car crash, pop out and do it tikki style?
  3. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

I get pissed off at kids who go 2-16 but taunt for those two kills.
  4. mute

mute New Member

Ashthecat3 -> Avoid this player -> Unfamiliar with game
  5. stupiddrummer

stupiddrummer New Member

I taunt after every kill if it's safe (for the money). and when people taunt me i just assume theyre also doing it for the money.

though i have made a game of timing my taunt for right when the enemy money ball breaks, so the post game camera angles catch me in the middle of a taunt :cool:
  6. ASH

ASH Member

Agreed.
    Taunting, like teabagging, is an inherently arrogant and unsportsmanlike act.
    Its ok to use once in a while when you pull off a spectacular kill or do something really cool, but having it happen constantly is insulting.
    The way I understood it is that pros get money for taunting only while they're juiced. I don't recall ever seeing anything written anywhere or even while playing MNC that says we get money for just regular non-juiced taunting. Besides, what does the average player get for taunting? $10? $15 at most?
    Is that really worth having your rep lowered?

I stand firm on my opinion on this and will file Unsporting Conduct reviews to anyone who taunts me more than twice.
    Taunting the same player more than twice is showboating, plain & simple. I don't care how much money you make off of it. ;)
  7. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

you get $50 everytime you taunt after a kill, non-juiced or juiced. That's why everyone does it, for the $$$$

Taunting without killing nets you $5.
  8. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Me and agitating got in a gunner taunt war. After every kill we would taunt, even if it meant death would quickly follow. I find it amusing more than anything. But it does make me rage when an assassin front grapples me after their support puts two shot gun shells in me then taunts four times in a row.
  9. AARPS

AARPS New Member

You make $50 every time you taunt after killing an enemy pro, juiced or not. You literally triple your income from a standard kill and make enough extra loot to construct a LB. I won't tea-bag, I don't shotty your dead body, I don't do anything to show its personal, I make $$. Look, not taunting when I've gone 20/x means I've passed up $1000, the goal of the game is to make money so...

I'll admit I get a charge from doing it if I've been playing cat and mouse or if someone thought I was easy but got killed, but it's secondary to "gimme the loot." It would still happen if you weren't watching.

I don't care about rep at all, you give bad reviews because you don't understand the mechanics of the game, instead you take ish personally and hand out bad rep. I figure 95% of the people using the rep system are probably doing the same. It's probably not broken though, you seem to care about it so I would assume that maybe other people that don't know how games work use it and you can all avoid players that you don't understand together. Can't you just avoid them and not give them bad rep? You're the one bringing ego into it, not them.
  10. NataVonDoom

NataVonDoom New Member

I do rage eversoslightly when a sniper taunts me from the safety of his base.. but thats about all haha. Other then that, I actually really like seeing the different taunts the pros have (since I only ever play the same two classes.). They're pretty entertaining, and nicely animated.
  11. Vuther

Vuther New Member

Then the money is even more important! They'll really need that $100.
  12. Superchicken

Superchicken New Member

It's hard to believe this thread went so many pages without one person instructing another to refrain from hating the player and to instead hate the game, yo.
  13. Vuther

Vuther New Member

That is so completely and obviously true it's embarassing.
  14. ASH

ASH Member

You're right.
    I suppose I should've directed my comments at the devs for putting this in the game to begin with.
    My apologies. I'm really not a DB or a jerk. I just don't like "in your face" taunting and/or showboating in games lately. Yes, it's just a video game...but I find it aggravating nonetheless. It can suck the fun right out of the game.

Example: If you click on the link in my signature you'll see that I created and run Eastern Iowa Airsoft. I plan, organize, execute, and host the games. (and shoot video)
    Airsoft is an extreme sport of honor...literally. Players are required to call their own hits because unlike paintball, airsoft rounds don't leave paint marks. It's about combat, yes. But it's also about honor, sportsmanship and integrity. One thing we don't tolerate is childish behavior such as taunting other players or being a jackass in general. This isn't a plug for my organization. I just wanted to use it as an effective example. (and maybe introduce you to an awesome sport that you might want to check out)

I guess a lot of why I don't like taunting is that it brings out the worst in players. Rather than an honorable kill, the victor is allowed to rub it in the face of the defeated on the pretense that they're earning money doing it. Why the devs decided to allow players to make money from un-juiced taunting is baffling to me. Surely they realized that excessive taunting was bound to piss some people off, right? This thread is proof of it.

As for a solution, I say do away with making money from un-juiced taunting.
    Instead, make the monetary reward huge for taunting while juiced. It will give the juiced player a choice that they will have to quickly make. Either use some of their juice time to get a big payout, or use it to destroy everything in their path.

What do you think?
    Last edited: December 6, 2010
  15. mute

mute New Member

..or... just stop crying about it and move on with life.

the only thing thats clear from this thread is that more people than not have tried to explain you away, stated they like it, or that its in integral part of the game. I personally find it absurd someone is going to get offended by the normal taunt mechanics in this game, its a part of the overall character and humor of the game, have you not caught all the arrogance and sarcastic humor in all the speak overs, characters, profiles, etc?... The claim of taunting hurting your feelings reminds me of over coddled politically correct whining to be honest... and these aren't even malicious taunts, its not like you're in COD or GOW or something and getting Tea-bagged or shot in the face repeatedly after you've been killed, and these taunts actually help prevent alot of that aborhish behavior.

if anything, they should give us a few more taunt variations!
  16. badmonk

badmonk New Member

I feel the same!! in RL, same as online you get jerks, and online they can hide behind this sense of security, this anonymity where they can act like they prob would not dare in RL by name calling, showing off and generally being a rude, arrogant SOB! tbh i just ignore these clowns :)

i come from a very competitive martial arts background in my younger days, competing @ a international level, training for 4-6 hours a day 5/6 days a week and competing on a sunday, and learnt very quick to be respectful, humble and a good sport/team player, traits that i have carried over into my online experiences :) sadly there is some nasty people out there, so mute or just staying in party chat like i do is the best way and like i said above, ignoring em is the most effective action imo! dont give these fools fuel!
  17. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

my new favorite thing to do, ring out someone who is juiced then taunt them....of course it works best as an assault
  18. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Taunting pisses people off?

SRSLY? wwwhhoooowwww
  19. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

:roll: :roll: :roll:
  20. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

what are you, high?