I used to love this game

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Dread of Night, December 6, 2010.

1. Dread of Night

Dread of Night New Member

I bought this game the day it came out and I can't say that I regret it. I started out playing Blitz with my buddy and we loved it. We then moved on to crossfire and we did ok. We won some games and lost some games. My friend told me the DLC was released so I downloaded tonight and I get into some of the awfullest, butt-pounding games of crossfire I've ever experienced. Several of the matches I played were against this forums favorite team, Team Oxy. I'm going up against people that are max level and in their 90's. They know the nuances of every class. First of all, I'd rather take on 2 or 3 spies from TF2 before I took on an assassin in this game... at least you can see them coming. And not to mention those ninja stars, I mean what the hell? In one instance there was a sniper on my ledge, I was playing support so I use the jump pad to get up there to shotgun as that seems to be my only recourse, but every time I get up there I immediately get iced and sniped. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. This is supposed to be fun? This is not a game for someone who plays this game casually. You have to play these maps and classes into the ground just to compete on the same level. I'm sad to see that this game has come to this.
  2. Unic0rnSunshine

Unic0rnSunshine New Member

It should be expected that as time goes on, people improve in skill.

As people play, they're going to get better. Play a little every day, you _will_ improve.
  3. TG GHOSTMERC

TG GHOSTMERC New Member

you must not play games for long. because every game with multiplayer goes the same way if you dont play for a while when you come back everyone is going to be better than you. get over it.
  4. rhineville

rhineville Member

OxyTeam is one team, not the whole player base. The vast majority of the time I'm sent into games where only a few people might be in a party together. Also;

Every time? How many times did you go after that sniper the same way? Did you think that after the first time it worked wonders on you that he'd say "Hmm that works well, better not do it again." Not only that but sniper vs support is a bad matchup. Longest range class versus the shortest range? Get the attention of an assault on your team and try to get him to flush him out.

That there's not a problem with the game, or even skill difference, just common sense. If something's not working, try something else.
  5. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

We love you too, Dread of Night.
  6. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

Quoted in its entirety for resounding and indubitable truth.
  7. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

<3
  8. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

OMGAAAAAAAWD HUGS!!!!!!!!!
  9. badmonk

badmonk New Member

dw about it!! you will come up against some uber good players and others who are way more casual, its like this in EVERY online MP game!
    just try and do your best against the clans/more experienced players and if on a losing streak, AFTER the match is finished leave and find another game! :)

dont be put off by it, win some, lose some!