Which Class Would You Prefer to Play as?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Gentleman, March 20, 2010.

1. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

I was leaning toward assassin...but man, Tank is a beast! I loved the Gametrailers gameplay vid of Tank.
  2. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Better! :mrgreen:
  3. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

I'm most excited to play as Gunner. And then probably Support (I love the air strike thing!). The rest are in a very tight battle for third.

*Note: Make that top 7 most recent posts (in this forum)!
  4. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

If you set up your turret in the right spot you actually can camp pretty well, of course it depends on if you team helps you do so.

However, if you do become the campy *****, I will make it my personal goal to hunt you down and stab you through the back of the face.

Assassain ^_^
  5. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Challenge Accepted.
  6. Stroodlez

Stroodlez New Member

quick questions about the game...
    1. Will the sniper's smg be worth using or would you rather try and no scope someone?
    2. In a few video's I saw what looked like the heal gun hurting enemies... is this true or am i just seeing things?

hopefully answers will help me decide between sniper and support.
  7. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

The snipers alt weapon is definitely worth using for close range work. It's fairly brutal IMHO.

The heal gun can heal friendlies and suck health from enemies. Right trigger = heal left trigger = suck
  8. Sengoku no Maou

Sengoku no Maou New Member

We need more Assault players!
  9. Stroodlez

Stroodlez New Member

im still thinking of playing assault :cool:
  10. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

That's what she said.
  11. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

One of the things that annoys us in other games is snipers that just camp and do nothing but snipe. For this reason the sniper has had some interesting design twists to encourage him to go close range. His juice meter fills up very quickly at long range with the explosive shot of his sniper rifle, but when he Juices you'll find that he's extremely effective up close with the SMG and other skills. The class feels a lot more dynamic this way and not just a one trick pony.
  12. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Very good idea. I like how you encourage the players to get some close up action instead of punishing the camping.
  13. mrman165

mrman165 New Member

I loved the engineer in tf2 so probably support.
  14. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Do we know if you can change class mid match? in other games with different roles I usually hop between classes depending on the situation, if we are locked down to 1 class per match in MNC my choices would mainly be Assault and Support which are some of my favourite roles, usually a mix between attacking hard while aiding the team, i'm no one man army :p
  15. XxXMullin13XxX

XxXMullin13XxX New Member

Yes you can most definately can, you still keep your money, but when you switch over, skills are at level 1, but if you change back to your original if your skills are upgraded then they will still be the same as you left them.
  16. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Awesome, I did wonder how upgrades would work if you could change class on the fly.
  17. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

To clarify, if you start the game with a character and spend money to upgrade that character, decide to change characters, that money is not returned to you. The new character that you selected will have to be upgraded with the money you have. If you go back to your first character, the game remembers your upgrades. So it doesn't make a lot of sense to switch characters that often during the course of a single match unless you do it early on in the match or you check out the competition, not upgrade your initial character and decide to switch to a new one to upgrade.
  18. Banditz

Banditz New Member

Ill probably switch between sniper and assassin every other game or so, with a little assault on the side. The rest dont look very interesting to me, especially the gunner. I just dont like classes like that in general. I dont really know though. I may think ill play as assassin, but when the game comes out and i mess around with all of them a little, i may switch to support. It all really depends, and i guess ill just have to wait and see.
  19. MrMusikal

MrMusikal New Member

so is it possible to fully max out your pro in single and multiplayer?
  20. Stroodlez

Stroodlez New Member

I think that when the game comes out i'll play as all of them on Blitz, and see which 1's i like. Im thinking of tank or assault, maybe gunner. Im not normally a good sniper but maybe this game will change that :D