My name is Cheesecake, and I am a ragequitter

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Cheesecakecrush, November 30, 2010.

1. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

I don't rage quit. If I show up at the end of a losing battle, I stay in the spawn room and taunt til its over, hoping to get em next round.

Out of the countless matches I have played, I've probably only left a handful mid-battle. Not due to "rage", but usually lag, or I have something I need to do in the real world.

I'll ride out a match, even if it looks hopeless. Sometimes, you can weather the rush and push back. No greater feeling than taunting as their moneyball explodes after being spawn-killed for half the match. Those are my favorite wins. You don't get the opportunity to overcome adversity if you run away at the first hint of it.

Usually, the only times I bail on a cycle of matches is when my random team is repeatedly pitted against a party of experienced players. I'll fight it out for a few, but if it's not even close to balanced, why keep playing with the same group? I finish the match, then I'll leave.
  2. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

3. Blatant Troll

Blatant Troll New Member

I rarely rage-quit (when I do, it's usually lag or I'm the only guy in the entire match), but I do have a tendency to ditch randoms in the lobby when the other team has 3 99s, an 80, and a 70 VS. my ragtag bunch of misfits.
  4. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

Even if you're the last guy you can taunt through the spawn doors then run back like you're going to sneak up behind them then run out that door you were just out :)
  5. SpcTorres

SpcTorres New Member

I usually will quit a match if it separates my team. My team only consists of me and my son, so it's not like the game has to make big accomadations to fit both of us on the same team. Especially, if we are both in the game lobby waiting for the match to start.
  6. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

Pretty stupid to quit a game-in-progress where your side is losing.

Just wait for the match to end, and play from the start. If your entire team are retards, ragequit.
  7. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

You do know that with the training of a washed-up pro MNC-player you ragtag bunch of misfits would have just barely won - according to the law of 90s sports movies?
  8. utopia6

utopia6 New Member

The DLC address a lot of the issues I used to jump ship for but......

1)When Im the only one left on my team because the rest have dropped out
    2)lag
    3)sex "-)
  9. IcyZyon

IcyZyon New Member

1. Joining a game just to see "You Lose." I rage and leave.

2.Team stacked. How to put it, a bunch of slimbot or above ranked people on one team versus, me which I am a slim 98 and on my team I have no body above level 10.

3. Seeing more than three of certain classes on my team makes me rage.

4. Split Screeners

5. Joining a game in over-time.

6. Joining a game that 2 minutes hasn't passed and my team's ball is already at 25% or lower.

7. If I join in a game that I already left for one of the above reasons.
  10. Blatant Troll

Blatant Troll New Member

Unfortunately, MNC takes places in 20XX, and by then, people found it more entertaining to see people fail. So most sports movies end moderately badly to the apocalypse.
  11. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

joining a non Aussie game.......bye to those people :)
  12. rich merry

rich merry New Member

anyone had hosts quitting after the moneyball goes down but before any money or tags get unlocked, let me get my moneys! thats what makes me rage.

as for hopeless matches, its the wounded dolphin that jumps the highest brudda
  13. Bezique

Bezique New Member

Now the DLC is out identifying teams who want to beat on random collections of players is that much easier. They all add their clan tag.

Personally I'll give them a few games because I enjoy being the underdog, but it does get tired after a while. The problem I have is that when you've left the lobby MNC has a tenancy to put you straight back into the same one. (Getting spammed with invites back to the lobby is annoying too. Some people must really have some issues with self esteem if they're that desperate to orchestrate a scenario where they can rule over others - don't EVER give these people jobs as managers, they will spread misery in the world.)

Incidentally, I've noticed with the release of the DLC and update that the lobby stays open for ages because the team need opponents to balance it. I've been on one with 7 players that was still "waiting for players...". I think that now being in a party really will keep you on the same team. Clans can alienate new players - for the sake of perpetuating the community they should go tickle each other's egos in private matches or set up ladder matches.
  14. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

dude, i would have a LOT more respect for a hacker that got infinite juice and health when the enemy started spawncamping them with juice chains, and won the game from them...

...than i would have for the team spawncamping with juice chains. they ****ing deserve it. plus being violated with a sake bottle. they deserve that as well.
  15. badmonk

badmonk New Member

gotta say as much as i love MNC, there is wayyyyy too many sore losers that quit as soon as they get a hint of losing a match!!!
    wish some people would grow up! you cant win every game!!

isnt there any penalty for leaving games all the time? if not then they should be!
  16. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

There isn't although there really should be, such as no exp gain for awhile, can't join matches, etc.
  17. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

I rage quit when the other team has a 3.3 Firebase and its placed good... those things are ridiculously overpowered... they can kill ANY class in ~3 seconds. Theyre firerate is like 2x the Gunner's, theyre range can reach half the map, they do the most damage to Juiced Players than anything else in the game. They are near impossible to kill alone unless Juiced. Most need team work.. to kill it.. its a turret, you shouldn't need teamwork to kill a turret.
  18. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Bump.
  19. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

^
    ^
    ^
    True
  20. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

LMAO!