Expandable Multi-Level Storage

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mecharius, September 24, 2012.

?

What kind of storage sounds good?

1. Expandable Storage- my version

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. Expandable Storage- something different

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. Zero-K style of 1 building for both

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Regular TA style(no adjacency bonus, I believe)

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. SupCom(adjacency bonus)

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. Whatever SupCom2 had(if different)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Some combination of above &/or other ideas

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. Some form of Hard Limit(something like a unit cap for storage?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. None of the above

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. jurgenvonjurgensen

jurgenvonjurgensen Active Member

holmebrian: I get the impression that what you're saying is wrong (it seems you're against economic buildings entirely, which is insane), but I'm not sure, since your posts are an unpunctuated mess. So either your idea is terrible, or your writing is so bad it's impossible to work out what you're even trying to say.
  2. holmebrian

holmebrian New Member

i just meant that there should not be any storage buildings for resources.
    as for economy buildings thats another discussion i am not against them.(buildings like in c&c generals would be ok)

nor am i saying to get rid of resource collection/harvesting buildings that would be pointless and uncalled for.
  3. erastos

erastos Member

Nope, the bonus depended on both the proportion of sides covered and the tech level of the bonus granting structure. Completely surrounding a building with T1 power would reduce its energy consumption by 25%, doing the same thing with T3 reduced it by 75%.
  4. sorynarkayn

sorynarkayn New Member

Someone should mod this thread into a new Adjacency Bonus thread.

I'm more interested in talking about expandable/upgradeable, multi-level buildings, like the Power Generator seen in the KS trailer.

I've heard that the trailer is just a visualization, and doesn't reflect PA's finalized style or graphics. But I love the concept of upgrading PGs with a second level to (presumably) double it's output; it would be even better if it has three or four levels. SupCom's Mex upgrades were great, because they didn't require a larger footprint (like TA's MOHOs). Whereas each Tech level of PGs was larger, which made base design and expansion a hassle (compared to most RTS games). Expanding the PG vertically is brilliant. Like I mentioned before, a vertical expandable storage tower would be great. I hope to see that in PA.

I hope Uber comes up with more great ideas like that.
  5. mecharius

mecharius New Member

That sounds like an excellent idea. Maybe something along the lines of all production buildings and engineers/sub-commanders being the start, maybe the metal and energy harvesters too. I always was annoyed about how I had to devote a set of engineers to constantly build storage.