Update #12 Out! Rewards info.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by neophyt3, September 17, 2012.

1. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

Not all that much new info, but it's a good overview. Plus it gives us an estimate for when we get the emails.
  2. gleming

gleming New Member

3. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

Yeah, I probably should have posted that. For some reason I assumed everyone was following it kickstarter :/
  4. felipec

felipec Active Member

I am wondering if the ks amount will be fully debited or if we got some dumbass that done false donations.
  5. mortiferusrosa

mortiferusrosa Member

My payment was deducted from my account the day it finished... Doubt we will have too much of that fear.
  6. menchfrest

menchfrest Active Member

There is always a small percentage that doesn't actually pay for a variety of reasons in the end. On some projects it creeps up to somewhere in 5-10% I think (really bad case). On one project it was enough to knock it back a stretch goal, but the project people we nice and gave it anyways.
  7. felipec

felipec Active Member

WOW! 10% from 2.2 mil is $ 220000!! I really hope this isn't the case.
    Anyway, they don't have publisher, which means everything they got is theirs, and they will keep taking preorders along the dev process.. So I don't think money will be a problem here..
  8. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Yes this is true. 10% is probably a good estimate.
  9. gleming

gleming New Member

This is sad
  10. neutrino

You don't think we get all the money when going through a publisher do you? ;)
  11. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

Getting money from publishers once a game ships can be like rummaging through the couch for loose change... only to remember no one uses physical money anymore.
  12. gleming

gleming New Member

Definitely not, but it is still sad :C
  13. acey195

acey195 Member

Well you wouldn't get any of the after-launch-money before the publisher gets his money back. Now you will get almost all of the after-launch-sales directly (after deducting things like steam fees). Though that does make me wonder. The really enthusiastic people already preordered right now. I wonder how many more people will buy the game after launch.
  14. Consili

Consili Member

Wow that is something that I hadn't ever thought about, is that because publishers put all sorts of absurd conditions on recieving all the money?

I hope that being funded this way is more supportive an environment to develop in - Rather than a publisher breathing down your neck to hit deadlines for money or some such.

On a side note, I think it is awesome how much communication there is between Uber and the fans, feels cool to have a dialogue going :D
  15. felipec

felipec Active Member

Btw could you reveal the real amount of money uber will get from KS after everything ends?
  16. neutrino

We probably will do that at some point I would guess. Bob is doing all the number crunching so I can pay attention to the game.
  17. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Don't forget guys, Kickstarter hosts all the servers and handles all the money transactions, the fact that they get a cut isn't absurd or unrealistic by ANY means, I mean, if someone asked me to courier 2.3 Million dollars you'd bet I'd charge an arm and a leg for it. Not to mention Kickstarter has staff they need to pay too.

Mike
  18. atechone

atechone New Member

The 5-10% he was referring to was for the amount of people who dont fulfil their pledges, not the 5-10% that Kickstarter/Amazon take for payment fees.

So really, i conservative estimate for the amount that gets deducted off the total Kickstarter amount would be around 15-20%
  19. neutrino

Kickstarter takes 5% (which they earn btw!). Amazon takes a bit in transaction fees and then a bit in people that don't go through or whatever. My understanding it that it'll be about 10% total. I don't have totals at this point to know either way.
  20. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Neutrino that would line up with what I've seen in other Kickstarters, I've seen a few breakdowns for the total costs of stuff, the one for the **** Figures movie stands out the most for me, what with the pie chart: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dic ... sts/251055
    I'm not sure if that link will work, I can't tell if the update is backer only or not adn the Breakdown comes closer to the end of the Video.

Mike