Show your Planetary Annihilation fan art!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by galaxy366, August 30, 2012.

1. acey195

acey195 Member

well I don't really expect to be working for films :p
    I use Houdini for procedural modeling, rather than effects.
    As we all know procedural generation is trying to get its place in games (PA being an example ;))
  2. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

No fan art from me yet, still learning.
  3. zordon

zordon Member

Yes, yes you should.
  4. acey195

acey195 Member

Some Houdini Work :)

I tried to partially recreate the way planets are generated in Spore, it is still WIP.

The textures are straight from CGtextures, so not as cartoony as the visualization, but its about the idea. The planet is a bit bland compared to the visualization, because there are of course no props, like rocks and trees.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Same Planet with different settings, making it asteroid shaped. Both planets are generated procedurally.
  5. thedbp

thedbp Member

6. acey195

acey195 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I added trees, better terrain blending and better generation of water planets.
    You can see between the images only the water and the trees differ, but still have a different feel.
  7. TheLambaster

TheLambaster Active Member

Already posted that in another thread, but still...

It's not too close to the PA things from the trailer though.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: September 15, 2012
  8. shollosx

shollosx Member

Hell yes Molloy! I used to love your mini comics!
  9. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

It's funny. I like to see more of it. :mrgreen:
  10. DasBilligeAlien

DasBilligeAlien New Member

[​IMG]
    "Teufel" Commander - uses strong base defense combined with massive unit drops via air and orbital.

[​IMG]
    P-Commander - always together with Atlas Commander - using portal technologie

These fast sketches are about 10 days old. I have some unit ideas in the making. Obiviously i tried to copy the official style. Even if i am not as clean as the PA artist the style is fast end effective. like it. but i think for the next commander i will try a different style.
  11. TheLambaster

TheLambaster Active Member

12. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I really like the Teufel, might convert it to 3D at some point if you don't mind.

Mike
  13. DasBilligeAlien

thank you. yes he is definetly better drawn better and also better fitting for the PA universe - the p commander is bad joke anyway :D

thank you and yes please go for it. i want to try to build it myself but maybe i will start with a simpler unit. as i am still not good at modeling.
  14. KNight

Well it sounds like you got a good head on your shoulders, most people don't grasp the idea of doing something simple to start, even after I tell them straight up! xD

Mike
  15. microwavelazer

microwavelazer Member

This was not originally PA related. So at this point it is nothing more but a plea for giant spider bots.
    [​IMG]
  16. DasBilligeAlien

I am not totally unexperienced in 3D. I know the basics and made some simple projects, nothing fancy. But for some reason modeling is really hard for me. Sculpting on the other hand is laughable easy but in basic modeling I suck hard and its difficult to maintain motivation.
    Animating is something that is a lot easier for me for some reason but i don't have a lot of practice here either.

I worked as a game designer, concept artist and 3D guy on different professional projects - but I would still not call myself a pro.

so as you are a experienced modeler and modder, as it seems, do you have any plans in developing a mod for PA? I am highly interested in getting more experience in RTS game development.

more random WIP pictures:
    [​IMG]

@microwavelazer

that is some nice paneling on the spiderbot. that perspektive is not the easiest either. good job on that.
    I would strenghen the contrast a bit more. Maybe make an inked version of it.
  17. KNight

It's more so that I've seen so many people pop up from nowhere with these huge elaborate ideas, but no skills to implement them with and they always seem to start with the most complicated thing they could do and get frustrated instead of starting simple and working thier way up.

Definitely, I've been working on SupCom modding for 4-5 years, most of that on the same mod, BlackOps: Unleashed, I've already got myself an Art thread here if you're interested.

Mike
  18. DasBilligeAlien

Yeah i watching some videos right now. Never played forged alliance but the units look fun.
    Yup i already found that one :) some awesome posts. maybe i should start my own.

now i stop spamming this thread and make some drawings instead.
  19. luukdeman111

luukdeman111 Member

20. sturm532

sturm532 Member

Nice To see some Commanders in this thread im especially liking the Teufel with its strong Basedefences and Air and orbital Unit drops.

I wAS THINKING ( thinking with capslock on actually ) about the Teufel and its role in the game relying on strong base defences and air/orbital drops

how about dropping ten Mugs in a enemy camp or two or three dropsships with Mugs ( MUGS what in blazes are they?? Well a Mug is a fanmade unt for TA a level one CORE CAN so to say its nomore than a clunky cilinder( not actually a cilinder) with legs and a strong laser ) Mugging time

and for defense how about a large heavy turret wich unfolds like the core doomsdaymachine it had a penetrator laser and smaller lasers

Im trying to think on some other defenses Got me a small list now

has anyone seen the new Cybran commander from the REvamp mod how about using that one for art direction