Eureka

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Col_Jessep, July 14, 2010.

1. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Just wanted to say how glad I am that Eureka and Warehouse 13 fill two of the empty slots on my weekly TV schedule now. I'm really not somebody who enjoys hot weather or too much sun so I try to stay inside during the day when possible. Now I finally have something to entertain me during my siestas. :D

On a side note: It's too warm to drink lots of coffee atm and I would begin to describe my condition as 'cold turkey'. :D

Any thought on the weather? Is it inhumanely hot where you live as well? We have temperatures up to 37C (~100F I think).
  2. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Anything above 80f up here is a heat wave -- and we're in the midst of one now. Can't wait for September and 60f degree weather again.
  3. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

I like to get outside, I actually like going for walks and stuff when I can but I often sleep to long to go walking at a suitable time. I love sleeping in.

I miss having TV shows to look forward to, I don't have pay TV or anything so I just get the standard channels with nothing good ever on.

It's freezing over here right now, I think it's been the coldest it's ever been were I live.
    It was like 2C (I think that's 35F) a few nights ago, It was so cold I could see my breath turn into steam inside my house. (Guess I need a better heater) I like the cold weather though so I don't mind.
  4. Col_Jessep

Ah, 2C, that's more like it! And yup, your heater probably could use an upgrade. Or you could drink lots of coffee... :D

We finally have a storm now and it's getting a little cooler. A powerful storm too, I can hear the sirens from our local firefighters, 2nd time now in under 30 minutes. But it seems the worst part is over for now.
  5. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Maine weather is the worst. We had 80f heat in March, followed by a week of the 20's. We hit -17f in December at some point I think, which isn't uncommon for winters. It just changes so often and so fast.
  6. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

The heat index is up over 100F (~38C) where I live right now and it's not yet the hottest part of the day! There's a slight breeze but all it's doing is blowing the hot air around. Good thing I work in air conditioning! :D
  7. Col_Jessep

Yeah, Maine is kinda famous for its weather.

Bronco, where do you live? In the Sahara? We basically had no wind whatsoever the last few days. My old and trusted fan made it a little bore bearable but almost gave me a cold. The irony... :lol:
  8. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

A little less exotic than the Sahara, the Midwest (US). Iowa to be more specific.

And I know what you mean about the fan. My air conditioning was out in my house a couple weeks back and so I slept with no blankets, in just shorts, and a fan blowing directly on me. It made it so I could sleep somewhat peacefully, but also gave me a sore throat for a few days. Although, the fact that I don't keep my room immaculate might have had something to do with it since the fan had to have stirred up all kinds of dust.
  9. Col_Jessep

The fan also makes my eyes dry. Maybe I shouldn't stare into it half the day... xD
  10. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Seattle weather is great. Winters are cool and rainy, summers are perfect, 75, sunny, dry.
  11. Col_Jessep

I envy you!
  12. eetmorsqrls

eetmorsqrls New Member

I hated seattle so much when i went there. dirty, nasty city IMO >.> but that's just me XD
    though my consistent highs of 90F aren't that great either...

and <3 eureka, but warehouse 13 is kinda... meh :/ it looked a little better with s2e1, but then s2e2 made me gag :(
  13. Col_Jessep

Yep, Warehouse 13 needs to step up their game. It's a great basic idea but the 2nd episode was really bleh. Good to see some of the actors from Firefly again though!
  14. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

So far I am loving both of them, really glad the each got another season.