Hard XBOX lockup twice in 2 days

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by CStubing, December 3, 2010.

1. CStubing

CStubing New Member

Last night and tonight I was playing and my xbox froze. Last night it was as I was coming out of a product grenade effect and there was lots going on. Tonight it was kind of random... I was just healing my firebase without much going on elsewhere. I know it could just be my hardware, as I've been through a few 360s already, but I figured I'd throw it out there in case it's a more common problem where maybe there is too much going on for the xbox to handle sometimes.

EDIT: One was on Ammo Mule, the other on Spunky Cola
    Last edited: December 3, 2010
  2. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

3. DUDE98678

DUDE98678 New Member

Got one on Steel Peel yesterday...
  4. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Have had 2 freeze ups since the DLC, where I can't even use the Guide button.

One after a host left and it acquired a new host, just as I was about to resume play, froze up. It was on Steel Peel.

And one yesterday, I forget when exactly.
  5. ShockerGeneral

ShockerGeneral New Member

Ran into this a few times as well...was having a good match at the time too....
  6. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

7. Haxim

Haxim Member

Just got one myself after being grappled by a Bouncer playing Xbox Live Sudden Death Blitz.
  8. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

started noticing performance issues on Spunky Cola. Room goes back lobby, host quits, game attempts migration, sound stops. FREEZE. First time MNC has actually done this for me.
  9. Geminosity

Geminosity New Member

I got this too, though nothing special was happening at the time. It's a brand new shiny xbox 360 slim, I've never seen it freeze before and lots of other people seem to be getting it if this thread is anything to go by. Wonder what's up... a memory leak or something? :eek:
  10. CStubing

CStubing New Member

I had another one just now as I was juicing as a gunner on spunky cola arena. Another gunner was ground pounding right at the same time and I think the ball was dropping too. Perfect storm of stuff happening at once this time, it seems.
  11. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

Advice that has helped me. Cool your 360 down.. not sure if it helps, but I took mine out of my cubby hole and play with the AC on. Also turn off your XBL notifications, mine has frozen twice due to in game lag while the guide notified me of something.
  12. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

i just had my first hard lockup , sad thing is we were loosing and makes me look like i rage quit. i hope this and the framerate issues are taken care of in the next update.
  13. Manouso

Manouso New Member

Haven't had this happen yet until today.
    Happened three times within a couple of hours.
    One on Spunky, one on Ammo Mule, another on Steel Peel.
  14. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

Had the single greatest game I've EVER played. 23 kills and no deaths by the time Jackbots spawn, and no sign of the streak ending.

Bullseye spawns, the game freezes. :cry:

The only times I've had the game freeze pre-patch were matchmaking issues like the black screen and frozen MNC logo. Never anything mid-game. So demoralizing.
  15. Jefe del Diablo

Jefe del Diablo New Member

Yup - I came to the forums and registered just to report this problem. Not happy that others are having this problem, but glad it's not just me.
  16. AARPS

AARPS New Member

I got my first one last night after I backed out of the post game lobby. locked to black screen.
  17. Manouso

Manouso New Member

Funny pic of the latest game lock...
    [​IMG]
  18. Manouso

Manouso New Member

Today's game freeze pic of the day...
    [​IMG]
  19. sponk81

sponk81 New Member

I also registered to report this problem. The game hard locked my XBOX twice on me tonight within the span of 15 minutes while playing split screen. After the second occurrence I quit out of split screen mode and played single player mode for 2 hours and didn't have a single problem.

The game has also been incredibly laggy in split screen mode ever since the Spunky Cola update.
  20. ASH

ASH Member

Had my first console lockup the other night while hosting a game on Spunky Cola.
    We slugged it out for about 10-12 minutes and our team started to take the lead and push hard into the enemy base. I was playing Tank and was blasting away point blank at the enemy moneyball and FREEZE!
    My Xbox froze up. :(