Oh dear god, they're everywhere! 'Unorthodox' Assault style.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by Reizarvg, November 30, 2010.

1. Reizarvg

Reizarvg New Member

Disclaimer: This build is not sensible. At all. It should not be used seriously, and shouldn't really be attempted on anything other than Ammo Mule and possibly Grenade 3.

This build is complicated and requires sensei levels of concentration. I'm not going to lie, many of you will not manage it. I'll do my best to walk you through it step by step though.

Step 1: Choose Assault. Spawn.

Step 2: Open up your skill menu. Look at the four glorious skills you have available to you. Don't they look wonderful and enticing with those bright colours?

Step 3: Close the menu. You won't be needing it.

Step 4: Approach your bot spawner. Use your Buzzer tokens to aquire a squad of highly trained, efficient and deadly bots.

Step 5: BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! BEOWM! BEOWM! BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Step 6: Acquire more Buzzer tokens to get more deadly commando squads.

Step 7: Taunt your pathetic, cowering 'opponents' from the safety of your base while being serviced and admired by many beautiful women.

Step 8: Repeat, I guess.

I accept no responsibility for any failures you may experience when using this. If it doesn't work, then you simply lack the style and masculine skill required to pull it off.

On a vaguely serious note, I have actually done this on Ammo Mule and it was amazing. I went 28-5, with 12 assists and 283 bot kills. 2 of those kills were from a Lazer Blazer I built, 1 was from the grenade launcher and the rest were all Buzzers. Whether that was because of the other team being inept, drooling idiots or because Buzzers are ******* amazing is unsure.
  2. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

there is a glitch with buzzers that, when the buzzers die, you get credit for killing them, so buzzers are really easy to spam.
  3. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

Is it really a glitch? because you spawn them, they kill themselves, so therefor don't YOU kill them in the end?
  4. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

verified as "unintended" vie Ekanaut.
  5. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

oh snap, since he single handedly made the game, that means he knows what he is talking about.

lol, think one of the developers designed that as an easter egg (since the protag is way too insane of a number of buzzers to kill)?

either way, making these incredible new maps and blitz modes, and adding all these nice things, are a lot better than fixing a miniscule detail such as that. i could have even lived with assisting my own deaths :lol:
  6. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

7. MojoTeq

MojoTeq New Member

I did this this morning, and it was hilarious.
  8. Reizarvg

Reizarvg New Member

I have made a discovery! The amount of maps this viably works on has increased to 2! Seriously, it's like Spunky Cola arena was designed for Buzzer spam. Try it, it's ******* beautiful.
  9. MojoTeq

MojoTeq New Member

They kept getting stuck on a wall for me in Spunky, but I think that might be because we had the other team locked down.
  10. Reizarvg

Reizarvg New Member

Yeah, they work best when the teams are more evenly balanced. They do eventually make it round the wall though, they just like to grind their face along it first.
  11. Black Jack Davy

Black Jack Davy New Member

A lot of buzzers also seem to make the game get choppy and lose frames. Additionally, this seems to happen when there are a ton of gapshots or buzzers. I'm guessing that calculating and the outputting the trajectory of all those parabolic projectiles is cpu intensive?
  12. willofnadal3

willofnadal3 New Member

Im going to say it hate this tactic its cheap skill wise and it doesint help the team why buy turrets your do busy worrying about a god dam kill to death ratio so now the moment someone gets juiced your base is screwed also ive done this tactic once and yes the first few times i got like 10 and 15 asists with 5 deaths becuase of juiced players(and normal players becuase without your skills your just a black guy with a gun. not a good defense)also after a few waves the enemy got used to it i went form getting a lot of kills to pissing off possible annihlator money for god dam buzzers that dont do **** after you laujnch them ten times. also its cowardly your class name is assault you should be out there leading an assault with yor team rather than playing a support that doesint have hack nor a healing gun.(btw tht match i tried that tactic we lost so ine the end it doesint work.)
  13. MojoTeq

MojoTeq New Member

173 "words" and 3 periods
    *golfclap*
  14. Reizarvg

Reizarvg New Member

I don't really know what you just said, so I'll assume it was a criticism of the tactic laid out in the guide. I'd like to direct you back to the guide so you can read the disclaimer in big bold letters at the top of the post.

When I do it, we win, so I guess you just suck at spamming Buzzers.
  15. Lukeydoodly

Lukeydoodly New Member

I support this strategy. It worked for me in a handful of games against noobs, so it must be viable.
  16. Blatant Troll

Blatant Troll New Member

[​IMG]
  17. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

Easy counter to this:

If you find a ton of buzzers headed your way, and you aren't dominating bots or holding off pros by yourself, do this. Save up 550. Switch to support, upgrade hack to 3 and pop down your firebase, hack it, and wait. Your firebase should drop all the buzzers before they can hurt you.
  18. Reizarvg

Reizarvg New Member

Stop lying. This is the ultimate strategy, there are no counters. You can't stop the elite commando buzzers, they will kill you. Unless it's on Steel Peel.
  19. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

Reizvarvq speaks the truth.

As a career Support, I can tell you that this tactic scares the hell out of me :shock:

I can't tell you how many times I've found myself, in some dark corner, cowering behind my 3.3 firebase praying the heal form it will keep up with the damage I'm taking from wave after wave of kamikaze buzzers. My team yells for my assistance "Rockets need healing!", but I don't dare leave the healing embrace of my firebase for fear of hearing my Support cry like a girl and get mowed down by those suicidal monsters. :eek:

Buzzers are a nuisance, I would almost like to see a third spawner just to get some real swarms going, but you'd have to beat the assasins to it :lol:

Don't get me wrong, when I'm feeling lazy, you can count on hearing 3 gapshot firing away within the first 20 seconds or so.
  20. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

This is what happened when I did this just for shits 'n' gigs.

I had to kill 2 assassins as they were very mad at me and kept tryin to get me.

Attached Files: