Funny Taunts

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Yourtime, September 14, 2012.

1. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

Yo,

What do you think about funny taunts from narrator ingame like in AOE 1 & 2 ? Would be awesome to hear some of him ingame too :D

yours Yourtime
  2. japporo

japporo Active Member

At the very least, if you click on the commander a dozzen times in a row, the narrator should ask "Are you sure you're in the right game, commander?"
    Last edited: September 15, 2012
  3. rab777

rab777 New Member

you know what? Thats awesome. +1. But limit it just to the commander.

To expand on the original idea I think it would be amusing to be able to send an audio taunt from the narrator/s to the enemy of your choice.
  4. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

thats actually what i meant o_o
  5. rab777

rab777 New Member

Carry on then!
  6. japporo

japporo Active Member

Ah, I misunderstood. +1 from me as well.
  7. theavatarofwar

theavatarofwar New Member

When I first read this I thought "oh no, no taunts ever dear god no". But then I kept reading and realized you meant the little voices units sometimes say when activated. A bit cutesy, but nothing really as bad as taunting the enemy with voice cuts would be.

Then I read even more and saw you meant you actually want to taunt the enemy with voice cuts. No. Please. Just, no. This isn't Team Fortress. This isn't SMNC. This is realtime strategy. RTS IS SRS BSNS.
  8. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

and AOE was not an RTS? -.- .. excuse me but Taunts are not a K.O. requirement for an RTS.
    the aoe sounds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbGfI1qNsRI

I dont think its so bad.
  9. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

I would really like more vocal warnings. In SupCom there was only "Commander under attack" and "strategic launch detected". There should be a whole set of warnings, that you can activate/deactivate as you like.
  10. jurgenvonjurgensen

jurgenvonjurgensen Active Member

The thing about funny things is that they get less funny each time you hear them. The other thing about funny things is that most people don't realise this. If this feature is implemented, and there isn't a "Mute all other players" option, I will be disappoint.
  11. kelleroid

kelleroid New Member

Don't forget to include "Construction complete" and "Unit ready".
  12. jurgenvonjurgensen

jurgenvonjurgensen Active Member

Those notifications will be going every two seconds or so for 90% of the match, so yeah, probably forget those.
  13. borreh

borreh New Member

I am so much for this one.
  14. kelleroid

kelleroid New Member

That's exactly why they should be an option. Personally I would like to see/hear what's new in my base.