Tournament Play

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Gowerly, September 14, 2012.

1. Gowerly

Gowerly Member

Had a quick look for this and couldn't find anything in here.

So, I do a bunch of casting for SCFA tournaments. Used to do some with Deman before he became a LoL superstar and now do the occasional tournament when I'm not in crunch.

SCFA had a wealth of features to help with this that made it technically the best game to be an eSport for about 6 years (LoL has now just caught up).

- Easy Observer slots (updated in FAF to be infinite!)
    - Live Replays
    - Replay Vaults

Are there plans to keep things like this for PA? I am unsure of the viability for this to be massively eSporty as it looks like it may be difficult to get into (OMG units and planets everywhere wtf help me), but strategically deep and immersive.

Also, for those of us that will get to play the Alpha build, will there be chances to stream what we're doing/host small tournaments during that time? I know this is pretty early on to be asking that, but hey it's worth asking.
  2. zordon

zordon Member

They've confirmed the observers and the replays, dunno about the replay vault but I'm hoping for it.
  3. cobycohodas

cobycohodas Member

Replay Vault is an absolute MUST...
  4. Gowerly

Gowerly Member

Good to know.

One thing SCFA lacked was an observer UI. If we could have something for us to look at resources/units/production easily, it would be a bonus (outside of setFocusArmy ;))
  5. superroach

superroach Member

Doubling this as an Australian caster for a variety of games - I would *love* to be able to cast this game and tournaments, and would be going behind it heavily for that if that's the case.

Mind you, I've been burned badly by Battlefield 3 being stillborn on launch in terms of esports, so I approach games with a wait and see approach nowadays.

*edit* heh right on http://twitch.tv/uberchannel/b/332077617 they did briefly mention that they do want to support esports, but primary game first. It's a budget thing.
    This was at 2:45:30 .
    Kind of aww :/