1. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

Hello Planetkillers,

I would like to know, how you will ship the things, actually I live in austria and well, I dont want pay customs, just because of donating things. Will you send it as gift and undervalue it or is there another possibility?

yours Yourtime
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Yeah cause fraud isn't a serious thing at all...... >.>

Mike
  3. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

true, I should pay customs for a product, which I got gifted as reward. Which first of all not exist in my country. Customs are there, because you should get penality when you pay things outside instead your own country, but it doesnt exists there.

Or do you think its funny, to pay 20% (of maybe 150€) + 12€ = 42€ for nothing? ... I guess you never did pay customs for something.
  4. thedbp

thedbp Member

Well this was the exact reason I chose the digi only tier.
  5. sacrificiallamb

sacrificiallamb Member

I never really understood how customs works here but I get charged so infrequently I just don't worry. but it's diffident in every country.

The value of what is being sent out would be much less than the pledge because a lot of it is digital even, when you get some things sent physically.
  6. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

yeah, thats what i hope- As Figurecollector from some shows and games, I often order things from japan and so I know how the custom of our country work, when they would write the value of 22$ on it or as gift with 43$ then i dont have to pay customs..

The problem is, when they say okay I write 25$ on it, no gift. then I would have to pay 12€ + 20% of the price AND the shipping (in that case 6) so the customs would be = 18€. (yes the 12€ are every time).

Well I will see and hope, its not so much.
  7. Drennargh

Drennargh New Member

Holy shizzle ma frizzle. Hadn't thought of customs.

Isn't it possible to produce the rewards for Europe in Europe to avoid customs and lower shipping costs for Uber?

If I have to pay for ridiculous customs then I gladly change to all-digital reward.

It doesn't make sense for Kickstarter because you're giving money for the project, not for the rewards. If the reward price reflected the reward costs, then there would be no money for the project.
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I already spoke with Uber about this on ks:

ofc they cant just break the law.
  9. acey195

acey195 Member

If you go back to the 90$ level without lowering your pledge, You can also add an extra key for a friend to your rewards (if you already paid for shipping = 115$) That way you would donate 5$ which you would not get a reward for, but for a just cause :p
  10. Drennargh

Drennargh New Member

Well I'd like to see some Uber comment on this matter, since there's only 26 hours left and I want to be able to decide. Paying about €40 (handling fees+tax) on top of shipping costs is no joke.

$90 for alpha access over $50 is also a bit crazy because I won't have a lot of time to play in a few months anyway.
  11. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

that sounds okay, I guess.. the manufacture costs cant be soo freaking high, well its just **** when its over 22 that i have casually pay 12€.. god I hate that charge case..