ís there concept art for the full size game box?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by dffmmm, September 12, 2012.

1. dffmmm

dffmmm Member

Is there concept art for the full size game box? And is not, will there be before the kickstarter campaign ends?

I would really like the physical game box but my girlfriend will already kick my butt and leave my dry for a year when she finds out I pledged $90, let alone $115.
    I'm just trying to find out if it's worth the extra butt kicking.
  2. Kogies

Kogies New Member

The way Kickstarter reads, for $90 and $100 tier you will get a digital version of the Art Book for PA. For the $250 you will get a signed printed copy.
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

The OP wasn't talking about the Art Book, rather the Art for the Game Box.

Chances are they will wait until they have a firmer fix on the visuals for the game before locking down on the Box Art.

Mike
  4. comham

comham Active Member

And by full-size, do they mean DVD case, or massive cardboard box with a jewel case inside? Because I kind of miss those.
  5. dffmmm

dffmmm Member

What about a massive cardboard box with a DVD case inside?
  6. comham

comham Active Member

I will accept nothing less than an oak chest containing a cardboard box containing a tin box containing a DVD case containing the game disc. Every level must be filled with maps, posters, pens, miniatures, etc.
  7. aleran

aleran New Member

They already said the Game box will be empty, no discs inside :(
  8. dffmmm

dffmmm Member

Really, empty game box? That's a bummer. I could just make my own game box with an ugly burned dvd inside. One of my reasons to get a game box is so I'll get a nice looking dvd with art on it or at least a USB-stick with the install files that looks like a commander or an astroid.

A game box without the actual game itself would not be worth getting my butt kicked (about 25 times more) over.
  9. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

By full size we mean like an old school PC box. Frikin huge in other words (and we may go bigger).
  10. comham

comham Active Member

Yes! I knew "full size" meant something more.
  11. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I'm not sure what else you thought it meant.........

I still remember the good old days of big boxes(With flaps!) and Manuals!

Mike
  12. xephar

xephar New Member

I have a box full of old game boxes in my basement. I have had them boxed up for about 10 years now, I'm not even sure what I want to do with them or why I have saved them for this long. I will continue to save them.
  13. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

^

Can't agree with you more.
  14. sacrificiallamb

sacrificiallamb Member

+1

I love keeping all that, I by most my games as collector editions just for the cooler box. Direct to drive games just miss the point for me
  15. al3xtec

al3xtec Member

Oh I miss these. I remember opening Fallout 2 with the metal bound survival guide. SO AWESOME!