Confirmed features and suggestions

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by xedi, August 17, 2012.

1. acey195

acey195 Member

2. thedbp

thedbp Member

:D Thank you!

I was thinking of making it with each of the confirmed features, if I people wanna see it done I'm up for it.
  3. memorykill

memorykill New Member

Can you add confirmation of "Moving planets" to the first post? just seen it now :).
  4. imakerobots

imakerobots New Member

Can I blow up the sun or cause a flare?

Can I build a dyson sphere or a ringworld?

Can I build the doomsday machine?

Once I've smashed two planets together, how long until I can start harvesting the remains?
  5. thapear

thapear Member

Yeah, I'd love that.
  6. Bastilean

Bastilean Active Member

I want to be able to adjust all of my keybindings. It's even possible I might want to have multiple keybinding saves for different build plans.
  7. raker57

raker57 New Member

With the huge focus on nanotech being used for construction and deconstruction, I think a nanobot swarm would be an interesting super weapon. It would have an area of effect like a nuke (perhaps smaller) and it would eliminate all units like a nuke, but instead of just destroying the crap out of everything, the enemy units and trees would be automatically harvested for resources.
  8. thedbp

thedbp Member

9. zoum

zoum New Member

a black hole weapon to annihilate an enemy planet...
  10. TheLambaster

TheLambaster Active Member

Yes, I had a similar idea, but then I thought it might look very cheap and not authentic, as making it look convincing would be very difficult... units and buildings would have to be eaten away, dynamically. Just having a expanding cloud of "grey goo" without dynamic animations that support the visualization would be kind of boring.

To look convincing it would need to look similar to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg7ookxwgGg
  11. trezero

trezero New Member

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, and it's not a big deal...

But could there be some way to access a "seed" for a procedurally generated world? Say you're playing friend A, and you get a planetary system that's just awesome. Blows your mind. And you want to play a game with friend B on aforesaid world. Would there be any way to recreate that world, or once it comes out of the generator, is it gone forever?

This is actually how minecraft makes its worlds, and it's actually a very nice little bonus that I didn't realize at first.
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Thats how maps will be saved...
  13. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

I really hope though we will get some sort of Live Replays... love'em.
  14. dictas

dictas New Member

In C&C: Red Alert 2, there was a naval unit that was a giant squid. It could sneak up on surface ships, wrap its tentacles around them to immobilize them, and tear them apart.
    I know RA2 isn't really everyone's favourite rts around here, but imagine how scary a robotic giant squid would be. Robots are always scarier w/ tentacles.
  15. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

16. shollosx

shollosx Member

I just wanted to get a little clarification about gas giants. When the topic first appeared I thought of similarities to maps from TA such as Ooooweee where air matches were the primary battle. I don't like the idea of gas giants just being resource hubs.
  17. shollosx

shollosx Member

I'd prefer to see the approach that the tademo recorder took. Which was known as .sharemappos which would show your allies as well in recordings, where your screen was looking in real time. You could also do .lockon # in order to follow a players view in real time during replay playback.
  18. shollosx

shollosx Member

Please do not include shields in this game. I think it best to follow TA's example and let the modding community takeover their own visions.
  19. torrasque

torrasque Active Member

I agree, I've never seen a shield having good gameplay repercussion.
  20. mzhg

mzhg Member

About unit selection size:
    please, by all means, no ridiculous small limit like SC or other 'popular' rts... keep it like TA, no limit in number of unit for a selection! (or very high like 1000)

About custom commander (provided to Alpha and/or beta users):
    a way to select the one to use at game creation.