Stretch Goal 5 and 6

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by D3adm0nk3y, September 12, 2012.

1. zordon

zordon Member

Units sing when given orders.
  2. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

I'm fine with this, truth be told. Nowhere to go but up, right?
  3. torgamous

torgamous New Member

Yes, I gathered, but in which games can I find this feature? Is it a Total Annihilation thing or a Howard Mostrom thing?
  4. nemoricus

nemoricus Member

A Total Annihilation thing.
  5. acey195

acey195 Member

Hmm they still need to update the main kick starter page though, people need to know :)! Or the stretch goal art is still being made, topping ScatisĀ“ face is pretty impossible :p

Edit: Done :)
  6. syx0

syx0 New Member

I couldn't be happier with this stretchgoal.

It is exactly the sort of goal that we wont wallow in despair for not meeting.

BUT

An epic soundtrack truly does elevate a game from good to glorious. So it is still a very worthy goal.

A documentary would also be cool.
  7. sstagg1

sstagg1 Member

This, exactly. I'm so excited at even the thought of getting the same sort of music in PA that was in TA. I listen to it every day when walking to classes.

Getting the digital soundtrack of this, I really couldn't be happier. It doesn't just amplify the awe of the game, but can also be used beyond the game.

All this, and it doesn't alter gameplay, so we're not really 'missing out' on any potential game features if it doesn't make it (but it will!).

Then the documentary. I think it'd be great to see how the game we funded was designed. Makes you feel important, getting to see exactly what was possible with your money.
  8. D3adm0nk3y

D3adm0nk3y Member

make ALL the things sing
  9. shollosx

shollosx Member

It would be great if Jeremy Soule would get on board and direct the music of this game, as he did in TA.
  10. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Well Uber has Howard and I'm sure he'll do a great job.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be...
  11. zeitgeber

zeitgeber New Member

Great updates, I be just as interested in seeing the documentary as having a brilliant sound track.

Hope there's enough money in the Paypal to reach these if the kickstarter is falling a bit short.
  12. svip

svip Member

Maybe Uber themselves forgot to pledge. They should totally get the $10K reward, thus forcing them to eat lunch with themselves and disrupting the space-time continuum.
  13. sacrificiallamb

sacrificiallamb Member

I'm much more interested in +Sing than the orchestra, no offence to them but classical is just not my scene (not in to the dub-step either).

I like the documentary idea.
  14. syx0

syx0 New Member

Unless I am sorely mistaken, I need to correct the belief you just expressed.

Whether the orchestra participates or not will NOT affect the style, timing, key, or any other aspect of the music we get in the game... except that final result will have been recorded from real instruments, not synthesised ones.

The argument isn't about whether you like classical compared to other styles or not, but more whether you prefer the Super Mario themesong played on a guitar or an 8 bit gameboy.

Not that modern synths sound bad by anymeans. But they aren't as good as the real thing, if they are trying to emulate the real thing.
  15. zordon

zordon Member

From a good producer, I doubt you could tell the difference tbh.
  16. thefirstfish

thefirstfish New Member

Got to agree with this. A true live orchestral version will probably sound a little better to a trained ear but a good synth version can be near as damnit to the real thing nowadays. Still worth having the stretch goal though if we can make it.
  17. comham

comham Active Member

They're not the best goals ever. They didn't get me as excited as active metal planets. They're nice extras. The game will feel complete even without them.
  18. sacrificiallamb

sacrificiallamb Member

I probably was not as clear as I could have been. I did not expect it to affect the style, I was just being dismissive of the game music (that I always turn off) in a way that i could segue to the dub-step reference.

and I would walk away if anyone played the Super Mario themesong on any instrument. I have a very low tolerance to music not in my narrow tastes. The first thing i do in any game is go to sound an turn game music off (or to about 50% if i think it might be atmospheric) I also turn down sound effects as I tend to watch TV/movies in my second monitor for anything with out a strong story line or music I like if i intend to follow the story. I really cant stress enough just how meaningless any thing to do with music is to me. I also thought it might have been rude to post the full explanation of why I did not care... too late now.
  19. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

so less disappointed, if we dont reach them, maybe thats the think of it.

But I guess we will reach 2M with that fast pledges currently