Stretch Goal 5 and 6

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by D3adm0nk3y, September 12, 2012.

1. D3adm0nk3y

D3adm0nk3y Member

Soundtrack recorded by live orchestra. (#5) 2m

and documentary(2.1m) #6

because hey, why not?
  2. al3xtec

al3xtec Member

Because they are awesome!!! (FIFY)
  3. bathtub

bathtub Member

Awesome and attainable! Go pledgers!
  4. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

NICE!
  5. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

Okay, kinda unexpected, but purely awesome. Can't believe they might get the original orchestra on board! And for only 200k more than stretch goal 4!
  6. Causeless

Causeless Member

Well... that was a massive disappointment.

I assumed an orchestral score was already planned from implications from interviews and due to soundtracks being promised with most pledge levels, this just sounds as if they took away a great part of the game and turned it into a goal for attention.

A documentary doesn't even add anything to a game, and I bet you we will need to pay separately to watch it. That was a massive letdown, it adds nothing to the gameplay itself. I paid for a good game... if they say that the money they have is actually very low-budget for an RTS game, then I have no bloody idea why they'd sink it into a documentary...

Galactic Wars better be a good goal. I'm hoping a fully fledged Total-War esque type campaign, if it's just a meta-game with attacking and defending alone starting with just a commander during each battle, I'll be rather disappointed.
  7. zordon

zordon Member

Bittermuch?
  8. felipec

felipec Active Member

Yes, you ASSUMED an orchestral score was planned from the beggining. They never said anything about hiring an orchestra to make the soundtrack..
  9. al3xtec

al3xtec Member

:shrug: Haters gonna hate.
  10. zordon

zordon Member

They're good goals. They're not at the level of WANT as much as galactic war is, but i'd still like to see them make enough for them.
  11. acey195

acey195 Member

Actually I would be very interested in the documentary, I might even pay for it, if it isn´t reached. Indy game the movie gave some pretty interesting insights. pretty scary too XD. I guess that would be basically the video blog people have been asking for.

A live orchestral score is pretty much the definition of epic and awesome and adds to the $40+ reward. If it is going to be anywhere near Elder scrolls´ quality... the value of the game and the nostalgia (In 20 years) would be so much greater.
  12. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

And how exactly did you assume they could afford making this game for a year on only $900k along with an entire orchestra? $900k is already insanely low for making a game, and orchestra would be far to expensive for that kind of price.

Also, why not a documentary? If this is paying for it, I assume that, at the very least, backers will get to see it free. Plus, it's something I would enjoy. Finally, I would rather have a last stretch goal that is okay, but isn't reached over an awesome last stretch goal that is never reached. Far less heartache.
  13. aleran

aleran New Member

In the demonstration video they said "Classical style" not "Orchestral" very often they are the same thing, but they're not mutually inclusive values.
  14. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I'd ****ing love to see Howard get the chance at another orchestral score.
  15. torgamous

torgamous New Member

The music in the game was always going to be like what you hear in the concept video. If they get $2 million, they'll be making that music with an actual orchestra. It's not like if they fall short of that goal they'll make the soundtrack dubstep or ship the game without music.
  16. Causeless

Causeless Member

I assumed they could make the game on that because they can afford sinking money into a documentary... I'm glad those are the last goals (as they are harder to reach), but they are definitely underwhelming... The fact we'll probably not reach the music goal is a little sad.
  17. bathtub

bathtub Member

It's the difference between recorded on the PC or recorded with with real instruments. Not the type of score.
  18. jurgenvonjurgensen

jurgenvonjurgensen Active Member

Anyone who is disappointed doesn't understand the genius of +Sing, the best console command in the history of gaming.
  19. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

Oh come on and be a man. Don't type ****, use the actual word! Those of us with filters off did that for a reason. ;)

Um.... they can't afford to sink money into a documentary.... that's the whole point of stretch goal #6. It also comes after the orchestra goal....

When I saw the goal, I was actually really excited because I was 95% certain from the start that they weren't going to have an actual orchestra. It would have been stupid to have assumed so on their budget (er..... no offense.... probably....).

Plus, just because it's not orchestrated does not mean it's bad.

Agreed. It also made me realize why the devs commented about +Sing right before revealing this goal.
  20. torgamous

torgamous New Member

Google is failing me. Please elaborate.