PayPal Pledging fixed amounts

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Malkara, September 11, 2012.

1. Malkara

Malkara New Member

So back when I first heard of this game I pledged $50 using PayPal, now when the new non-physical $90 tier arrived I pledged $90 as well, my total pledge is now $140 due to set amounts of pledging, I wonder what happened there.. I would have thought the new pledge would be $90 instead.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

paypal is does not work like Kickstarter. You instantly give them money through it.
    First you gave them 50 then you gave them 90, for a total of 140.

They will add up everything that came from your paypal-email and ask you after the campaign which rewards you want.
    If you want 50 back, you should probably ask them for refund in that mail.
  3. titusvespasianus

titusvespasianus New Member

edit: post was too late ;)

Assuming you are being serious about this (e.g. no trolling), you'll have to know that a paypal donationa/pledge/sale works like a bank transaction. You send someone a certain amount of money and its gone. You send another amount and this is gone too. Using kickstarter the situation is different, because you just make a promise like "I will give you $90 on sep. 14th." This promise can be changed before the end of the campaign and only then you will have to actually give this money (e.g. your credit card will be charged). That said you should probably contact uber directly and talk with them about your situation.
  4. Malkara

Malkara New Member

Ah okay, that makes sense, I should have thought of that.

Guess I'll see whether to just up my pledge to a new level or ask for a refund :)
  5. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

No need for or :)
  6. syx0

syx0 New Member

Take the $90 tier, a shirt and a spare release key.
    Or the $90 tier and 3 spare release keys.

Another option to consider, if you are unconcerned by the extra expenditure.
  7. Malkara

Malkara New Member

Thanks, I'll get my friends hooked to the game too :D
  8. titusvespasianus

titusvespasianus New Member

Sorry for revieving this buuuuut...the slight(!) chance of an orchestral score squeezed another $20 (or 16,05€ in real money ;)) out of me.

Now do your work and this game will definitely be "the game you are looking for" *star wars meme*
  9. mortiferusrosa

mortiferusrosa Member

other option is to add ten more bucks and get a planet named after you.
  10. Thundertactics

Thundertactics New Member

I'd like to ask something relating to this: What's the best way of "upgrading" a PayPal donation? I initially went for the $50 tier, but decided I'd like to make it $90 after all. Could I get any Dev (or definitive community) confirmation that, for example, paying the $40 tier (or sending $40 through the "custom amount" thing) right now with the same PayPal account would result in my donation being considered as the $90 tier?

From what I understand (from this thread), that's the case (along with them discussing what rewards (more keys instead of a higher tier, etc.) you'd like precisely), but I'd still like to get some confirmation.

(By the way, loving the stream! It's what pushed me over the edge.)
  11. sacrificiallamb

sacrificiallamb Member

at the bottom of the kickstarter in the page FAQ it says

12. Thundertactics

Thundertactics New Member

Yeah, noticed that part. I'm just wondering whether sending an additional $40 their way through the same account will result in it automatically being added to my previous donation. (Edit: Rather than, for example, me getting two seperate e-mails for the respective donations and having to correct things afterwards or something.)
  13. acey195

acey195 Member

I believe they will send the survey to one email address, after adding up all the money that came from that address, so it shouldn't matter if you use the custom or 40$ tier to add it.