How exactly does $300,000 dollars = Galactic War?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bravetriforcer, September 7, 2012.

1. Kogies

Kogies New Member

He didn't ask a "curious" question, he made claims about monetary spending which seem to show no understanding of costs. Also, since when does Kick-starter make you an investor? Your agreement was to receive a game, unless you pledge >$10000k you do not even get close to "active engagement with the development team," and I truly doubt that means you receive access to their accounts.

Neutrino's answer was not rude. It was far beyond bravetriforcer's business to ask, and Neutrino was well within his rights to reply, "mind your own business".
    Last edited: September 11, 2012
  2. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Way to ignore his follow-up comment.

Try reading all the posts in a thread, even just those of the person you're having a go at, esp. when it's a dev.
    Don't just mouth off at something in the first couple of pages you don't like when there's another 4 pages of discussion after it!
  3. Endyo

Endyo Active Member

Part of getting investors is disclosing the future use of the investments. Kind of hard to have a kickstarter going and not say what exactly is going on. I don't think he wanted to know what every nickel and dime is for, but not everyone knows what it takes to put together a high quality and complex game. Neutrino ultimately answered though, I just didn't go beyond the first page when I made that statement.
  4. thefirstfish

thefirstfish New Member

Yeah. I can see how people would see a big number and not understand all the costs. I actually made a post in another thread where I made a hypothetical breakdown of some possible costs. It became clear to me during that exercise that we are definitely not in danger of putting too much money into this.
    Last edited: September 11, 2012
  5. torrasque

torrasque Active Member

The tone of the question was quite irritating.
    I totaly understand an answer in the same tone.
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Thinking about it I actually like this kind of honesty. Shows that neutrino actually writes what comes to mind without asking a PR-Person if it is wise to write it. So we get real answers and not just some diplomatic sh** you can hear from many other developers.
  7. DeadMG

DeadMG Member

I agree. It's more open/fair/honest/whathaveyou. The developers who don't snap back end up just not going on their forums.
  8. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

:lol: Okay then.
  9. thedbp

thedbp Member

Yes I too prefer not having to make them pay for spin doctors.

And also, when you can see someone is giving their honest and direct answers it feels so much more awesome when they compliment something.
  10. Endyo

Endyo Active Member

Well I understand that this is both a stressful time and one filled with monotonous questions for Uber and Neutrino in particular. Anyone can come off as a **** if they're having a bad day and have to go on about things they've been frustrated by in the past. That's why having a liason between yourself and the public sometimes can be helpful. That person can get all of the information and doesn't have to bear the load of also developing a game at the same time... then answer those repeated and sometimes poorly worded questions with a lower chance of reaching a point where their response is... well... a bit callous.

Probably wouldn't hurt to have someone like that dealing with such things. You don't need PR spin to answer a question, just answers and some time.
  11. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

well what ever! We will reach it >: D.

I could finally reach the Team of Gameone, which means, if they are talking more about it, then more german people will pledge! :D I hope that are much!
  12. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

So wait,

Instead of an asteroid, we have a Scathis God-Mind complexity hurling itself into the very being of a galaxy's existence. It hurtles through space and Immaterium, time a figment in it's wake, its only goal to crush the truth of itself onto the unsuspecting planets of the Void. To have reality itself bend at the knee, the moons break, the stars shatter, the physical realm become bereft of it's own meaning as all in consumed by one pulsing thought. One impressing, ultimate existence.

The Awesome.

I am OK with this.
  13. bravetriforcer

bravetriforcer New Member

You weren't lying when you said you were the silver tongue of the family.
  14. core188

core188 New Member

We will reach it!!! With Paypal!!! And the 5th "Scratch Goal" too!!!!
  15. grayfox

grayfox Active Member

No, I wasn't. You should have seen all the bits I wrote during the SMNC hype phase.